VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've said it before, butI have the greatest wife, ever.
My Christmas present was a one day Skip Barber Racing School course. I went to Road America on Thursday and it was an amazing experience. It was certainly one of the most exciting things I have ever done.
We spent the morning learning and driving the MX-5 on the full RA track. After lunch, we switched to the open wheel Formula car. Both cars were a blast, but there is something about driving an open wheel race car. First you are almost lying down. Then getting to drive a car with a bike-like sequential shift transmission. It is a hoot to blast throught those gears. The highlight of the day was the last session. We were driving the Formula car, on the full RA track, with no pace car, full on. We were spread out so there was little chance of having to share your personal space, but I did manage to pass one of my classmates. Although top speed is about 125, it feels like double that when your bottom is only a couple inches from the ground.
If you ever get the chance, you've gotta do this!
I'll attach photos and some in-car video when I get it.
Ken

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ken, Way cool dude. Ive raced Road America for many years in my Formula vee Then Formula Ford. Its a fantastic track, super smooth and fast as hell. Ya got a good wife there.

Check out my video on my page. Its my last race with the Formula Vee
gotta love the SPEED !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yes, it was a blast. Can't wait to go back for more.
Hey Dean. Nice video, Blackhawk Farms is a great track, too. When did you stop racing?
I'll try to attach some in-car video once I get it.
ken

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use to live 40 minutes from the track. I would go to the track for the SCCA June sprints. I've been on the track but haven't raced. I would love to.

My coworker was in the Badger Bimmers BMW club. They would go to the track every year.

Here's a pic of a Shelby that crashed, the parking brake failed and it rolled down the hill. this was during a June sprint.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
My first June sprints was 1984, ran the best time i ever ran there and qualified 28th out of 60 LOL The most cars i ever saw at Road america was the FV birthday party the main event we started 105 cars !!! damn that was fun. I started that one 40th lol
If anyone ever has the chance to race, even if its a skip barber or something, try it. Its a gas.

Ken my last race was the one in the Video I was driving my brothers car and had my best time ever there. He sold the damn thing right after i got it working really well. Oh well. that was in 08 . Thats ok, got the Vision in 09 and having fun again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.