VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted today by Scott Rasmussen:
(Posted 5 hrs. ago)

61% of American favor repeal of the National Health Care Law.
56% in Illinois favor repeal of the National Health Care Law.

Here's a shocker!!

52% of the voters say their views are more like Palin's than Obama's

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
advntrus said:
mjw930 said:
bikendad said:
2 words TEA PARTY!!
Yeah, I understand the concept but is the best you can do Palin and Beck??????
More than willing to follow you. Where's YOUR best?
Shawn
I didn't mean to imply YOU selected Palin and Beck and I'm certainly not qualified to pick anyone in the current political mainstream but I would hope that someone being touted as a future leader might have an IQ higher than Palin and Beck combined........ Neither one are the sharpest tacks in the box.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My "take" on the Rasmussen poll about Sarah Palin - it's not that people want her to be Pres., run for Pres., or would support her as Pres. It's just her views about the Govt. & our values.

The question was: Who represents your views about Govt., the USA, the Constitution, the role of the military .... Palin or Obama?

52% chose Palin. I was surprised initially. After thinking about it, it makes sense.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
mjw930 said:
advntrus said:
mjw930 said:
bikendad said:
2 words TEA PARTY!!
Shawn
I didn't mean to imply YOU selected Palin and Beck and I'm certainly not qualified to pick anyone in the current political mainstream but I would hope that someone being touted as a future leader might have an IQ higher than Palin and Beck combined........ Neither one are the sharpest tacks in the box.
They're sharper than the liberal news media wants you to know. Besides, I really don't need a genius in government, just someone I can believe in and trust. Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi just don't begin to qualify.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
advntrus said:
mjw930 said:
advntrus said:
mjw930 said:
bikendad said:
2 words TEA PARTY!!
Shawn
Ok, let me assume for the moment you are right (which in the case of Beck at least, I would disagree), that they ARE NOT the sharpest tools in the shed.
To me, this only points out the simplistic brillaince of what the Tea Party is all about. It doesn't take a Mensa to get the point. What we want isn't that huge a leap in logic of education. It boils down to this:
LEAVE ME THE "F" ALONE!!!!
Shawn
Leave me the "F" alone? Son you are coming to the dark side... the Libertarian side...lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
bikendad said:
mjw930 said:
advntrus said:
mjw930 said:
bikendad said:
2 words TEA PARTY!!
Shawn
They're sharper than the liberal news media wants you to know. Besides, I really don't need a genius in government, just someone I can believe in and trust. Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi just don't begin to qualify.
+1 bro

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mjw930 said:
bikendad said:
2 words TEA PARTY!!
It's funny - to read opinion articles - or watch TV & hear them attack either Palin or Beck.
No one has chosen Palin or Beck for anything. They just speak & get paid. Quite well actually. But - none of my money. I don't support them financially.

I personally don't really listen to Sarah Palin - nor do I think she is Presidential timber. But, she's found a niche & she's doing well financially for her family. If Palin wants to further her political career I would advise her to win a seat in the US Congress as a Representative of Alaska. That's what she really need to do. After a term or two, run for the U.S. Senate. Then she would have political moral authority & gravitas.

As for Glen Beck. He has no interest in running for political office. None. He freely admits he has no higher education (a self educated man) & he's a recovering alcoholic. His only interest is the U.S. Constitution & the original intent of the Founding Fathers. He has special guests on who are experts regarding the Founding Fathers & the Constitution. You can disagree with him - fine. But, his intent is simply to have his opinions in alignment with the original intent & meaning of the Founding Fathers.

It makes for interesting political theatre though - eh?

Finally - What I think both Palin & Beck believe & stand for: #1. Less Govt. control over everything you do. #2. Smaller Govt. #3. Less taxation #4 Less Govt. invasiveness into your life & your family.

That's the message that's many Americans agree with - whether they like Palin & Beck or not.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
bikendad said:
mjw930 said:
advntrus said:
mjw930 said:
bikendad said:
2 words TEA PARTY!!
Shawn
I know that, I was just fueling the fire ;)

I do agree that when it comes down to what people want to believe in anyone with a clear and consistent message that is phrased in a way most Americans can understand (i.e. grade school grammar) then the majority will rally around them. People are simply more comfortable around things they understand.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dsjr70 said:
I heard something today on XM that although may not apply I thought it was funny... "Why do we have 50 people running for Ms. America and only two for President?"
She's got my vote!!! LOL!!!

Wait - I want to vote for this one!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts