VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we know, New Year's Eve is traditionally the time when many folks get together with friends at a crowded restaurant, drink too much and stay up past their bedtimes to ring in the New Year.

The past few years I've chosen to bypass the crowds and get together with friends in the neighborhood to celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of another. In the past, as an alternative, I've been known to jump on a cruise ship and ring in the New Year somewhere in the Caribbean. I have to admit, there's something very cool about being on the top deck of a ship with a few thousand other travelers when the clock strikes Midnight.

While this year carries a bit more significance as most of us are happy to see 2009 get behind us and hope that 2010 brings with it a recovery for the economy and stronger jobs, housing and (of course) the recreational vehicle markets, I thought I'd ask how you're planning on ringing in 2010?

Myself, since I'm attempting to get rid of a pesky cold, I'll probably stay in and sleep through the Times Square Ball Drop.

So, what's your game plan for New Year's Eve?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
New Years Eve at Universal's City Walk... Got the hotel already, so there will be no driving :) I believe they have the Temptations and the Four Tops for those of you that like to party "Old School"...

·
Registered
343 Posts
WITH MY RIDIN' BUDDIES (and spouses), OF COURSE! Our group (40-some guys from age 21 to 81) holds a dinner every Thursday at various member's garages, barns, places of business or residences, with 20-40 attendees any given week. How cool to have 2010 ring in on Thursday! Shark

·
Registered
396 Posts
Diane and I, appetizers and wine hanging with my brother in law, Mom and pop, after I get off at 730p. Most likely wont stay till midnight, head home, more wine and chill. We'll probably crap out on the couch thenjump awakewhen the fireworks start in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Steak And Lobster tradition with The wife and son. Being an old guy i dont know if i will actually see Midnight or not (gotta get that beauty rest you know).
On the 1st its Northwestern Football Against Auburn in the Outback Bowl in Tampa. (from my couch in Chicago)

Hope you all enjoy a great New Year !
No matter how you Choose to celebrate please do it safely and enjoy !

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
going to the dealership to bolt on some accessories I got for Christmas since they're currently using mine as a 'display model'.

Other than that my wife's Uncle is in town from TN to visit his mother so they're coming again tomorrow night to play Euchre and have some dinner so a pretty quiet night.

I'd like to go see the new Sherlock Holmes movie so maybe we'll get to run out and see that.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Well, I am married so I have a change in plans... The wife has to visit some family due to illness so I am hopping on the bike and heading for Panama City in the morning.... :)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
redpin04 said:
I'd like to go see the new Sherlock Holmes movie so maybe we'll get to run out and see that.
Just got back from seeing it, I thought it was really good, but the wife didnt, too intense she said.....women sheesh !

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Well, I am married so I have a change in plans... The wife has to visit some family due to illness so I am hopping on the bike and heading for Panama City in the morning.... :)
Im gonna hop on my bike and just go brum brum brum

grrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Early dinner with wife and daughter at a very local restaurant then back home. I think daughter will then go back home to her house, wife and I will watch or attempt to watch (if either or both of us don't fall asleep, both of us have been fighting some illness for the last week) a movie from Netflix. Should be awake for the stroke of New Year I hope. Just were at show last Sunday and saw Up in the air. Good flick, deep message and average acting.
Best wishes to all for '10. Hoping "we the people" wake the hell up and start taking our country back.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I will be working - pulling an all nighter. Probably will be kept busy w/ crazy parties till around 2 AM. It's a vicarious New Year's!!!!

Happy New Year to all!!!!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Ride this afternoon, around 7:30 go to a local bar and have a few beers with some friends, 10:00 home!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got a date with my wife to see an old movie, "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte". It's a great old scary movie.

·
Registered
189 Posts

New Years!!! I guess I should get my Christmas shopping done lol. We will make sure the horses have feed and (thawed) water as it -24 celcius here with a bit of a wind. No bugs to be found. Then supper with the three sons and a small gathering at friends. Really going to try and make midnight this year.
Happiest of New Years to everyone.
REMEMBER DON'T DRINK & DRIVE!!!!!!!
Remember the troops that are away from home and families this season.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Here in Hawaii, we'll be celebrating last! Yippy. As usual, Hawaii residents go nuts this time of year with the fireworks. In years past, it was always a fun time of the year. Recently, however, it's been out right dangerous with fireworks that actually pass for bombs going off in the neighborhood(s). I just don't get it, but there's no getting rid of it. Unfortunately it's here to stay. It's part of the culture. As long as people smuggle the illegal stuff in, there are hoards of people willing to buy. (and to think there's a recession right now) HFD is always earning their pay this time of year. I feel bad for them.
As for me, just cruzin' with family and watch all the people burn their money.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have a friend en route from LA right now. We'll prolly hang out at home. I did buy a bottle of bubbly.

Going riding with the Gold Rush Riders tomorrow. I hope I can get Lisa a ride. She's a rider but driving up. Otherwise I'm gonna have her tag along in her car!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
5 min left here in Chicago then off to bed, im getting too old for this crap LOL New years is for the young, did have some rum though...well actually still having it

HAPPY TO ALL AND TO ALL BE SAFE !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.