VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
So if I understand the news story correctly, about 325workers will lose their full timejobs so they can stay in Wisconsin, instead of taking consessions so everyone stays employed?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

kaydee said:
So if I understand the news story correctly, about 325workers will lose their full timejobs so they can stay in Wisconsin, instead of taking consessions so everyone stays employed?
Yes - 325 folk go - they facilities stay where they are - they hire part time/casual/seasonal workers & safe $50 million in operating costs.
Hmmmm ......

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think Harley needs to work on some of the attitudes of their dealers. When shopping for a bike, before I decided on Victory, one dealer responded to a question as to why a grip and matching brake and shifter peg option to a disappointingly bare and budget looking $21,000 Fat Boy with, "Well, you want a Harley, don't you?" I replied, "Maybe I should buy American then," and just turned around and walked out, while he was asking his colleague, "What's his problem?"

Mind you, I ALWAYS wanted a Fat Boy since I was a kid. I've had other bikes in my life, but thankfully I have the means to could go out and buy my dream now. Well, once I started shopping for my dream I realized that the romanticism of my youth for Harley Davidson was just that... a kid's pipe dream. Reality, honestly, was like finally getting that girl you always wanted and admired from afar. And then you get up close and her breath stinks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well said, Shawn! I wonder how many people out there dreamt of owning a Harley but when they got close enough, just realized they weren't all the reputation was made out to be. I rode a few friends choppers back in the day and you forgave a lot of it because you were on a chopper, it was meant to be rough and bare, that was the beauty of it. But when you're talking big money now? Not for me.

Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful bikes. But I am not gonna over-pay for something so the parent company can keep it's t-shirt factories in Taiwan open either. I was really disappointed, but then a friend turned me on to Victory. The more I looked, the more I liked and the decision was really easy.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Just for ****s and giggles, I'd like to know how much the CEO makes and how much of a cut he's taking.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Y'all are right about the attitude of Harley dealers. I walked into a Harley showroom full of bikes wall to wall... But no customers except me. Several salesmen wondering around not a single one came over to asked if I was interested. A different Harley dealer on the other side of town had courteous salesmen, but laughed when I asked for a test drive. I got the same laugh when asking a Honda rep to test drive a wing. Now Victory encourages test drives. Heck... If you got the MC license and the time the Victory demo tour truck will let ya ride all day.
I was sold on the Vic after me and my buds kept doing demo rides for several hours. Bought my Vision after doing the demo rides.

Ride Safe
Tim

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
bikendad said:
Just for ****s and giggles, I'd like to know how much the CEO makes and how much of a cut he's taking.
shouldn't be hard to find, they are a publicly traded company.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

midian said:
I wonder how many people out there dreamt of owning a Harley but when they got close enough, just realized they weren't all the reputation was made out to be.
I am one of those people. Always thought I wanted a Fatboy or a Vrod but the price was always a turn off. Plus it seemed like the people that I knew that owned Harleys were always fixing something before they could ride. Usually just minor stuff but it was constantly costing them $ and an hour here, an hour there. Time they could have been riding.
Then I saw my fist Hammer. WOW! So I started researching Victory. Never looked into buying a Harley again. I won't say I'll never own one, still like the Vrod but my interst in Harleys was almost completely crushed by Victory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.