VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a word VIOLATED!

So my full face helmet choices range in age from 8-15 years old and unfortunately seem to have shrunk a little! With the cold weather coming & a bike that I can actually ride more than 20 minutes at a stretch encouraging me to extend the season a bit I started looking at the choices.

I have a scorpion 1/2 helmet that I really like (thanks but no ATGATT discussion diversions please) but their full face are all too small :(

After some research (webbikeworld.com has some great reviews) I settled on a GMAX GM68S. Unfortunately the only place that had it in my size was compacc.com. I had a bad experience with them before, actually twice now that I think about it, but I got an apology from the new owners a few years back & hey what could go wrong... The helmet arrived, beautiful matt black, looks great, the LED's which could have gone to cheezy actually look good. Fit & finish of all the bits - excellent. Overall a great helmet, well except that it barely fit! XXXL too darn it. So just exchange it ($12 to ship) right? Not so quick. The next choice HJC CL-SP, also in matt, is over $40 less at one of my favorite sites - dennis kirk. According to Competition Accessories website they will price match and the rep I spoke with agreed but then said that that was less than their cost & refused to honor their policy. So my only choice is a refund - less the 10% "restocking fee" & $8.99 shipping charge for the gloves I also bought (order no longer qualifies for free shipping).

Now before you all start in on the "support your local dealer" stuff I ended up with a XXXL HJC CL-SP in matt black which would cost me over $170 locally for around $115 including the vig to compacc.com for their trouble.

I have done many transactions with both Dennis Kirk & newenough.com & can tell you they are both great to deal with and Dennis Kirk (generally more expensive than other e-tailers) lives up to their price match policy without ANY hassle at all.

Best advice I can give to those that don't buy local - save your money & stay WELL clear of COMPACC.COM (Competition Accessories)

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I feel your pain, but with that said, here's my two cents:

Yes, we all would like to support our Dealers but, while I cannot speak for all Victory Dealerships, the locations I've visited have a very limited assortment of Helmets and the prices were full retail.

The problem with buying any helmet (or apparel) online, is finding one that fits properly. If it doesn't then you need to find a seller that has a liberal exchange policy if returned within the pre-determined period.

While I like to operate under "full disclosure" with the Members of this site, allow me to again state that The VOG is an Amazon Affiliate. That means that if you use a link from this site to Amazon, then The VOG will get a very small commission on anything purchased during that visit. This commission does NOT increase the price to you.

Here's a link to Amazon's Motorcycle Helmet Page.

Discount Motorcycle Helmets

While some of the items on the page come from retailers who use Amazon to sell its products, unless I'm incorrect, they need to adhere to Amazon's 30-Day, no questions asked guarantee. So, make sure you read the fine print.

If the helmet you select is one that Amazon stocks in its warehouse, the shipping price will be very low or in some cases Free for Super Saver forms of shipping.

And, if you need to return something, the process can be handled online and even the shipping label can be printed at home. It's my experience that when an item is returned, they are very quick about crediting your credit card. As we know, not all sellers operate in the same fashion.

But remember to keep ALL the original packing materials and all included accessories as this will speed up the return process. Just like "bricks and mortar" stores, if a product does not include all the materials or if it shows "wear and tear," they could be within their rights not to take it back. So, for a helmet, if it doesn't fit, since you'll know that very quickly, attempt to keep it as "scratch-free" as possible.

So, again, here's the link:

Discount Motorcycle Helmets

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy, I actually do most of my on-line purchasing on Amazon & they are excellent! Unfortunately they only had the regular black in my size & it was almost $70 more! I will certainly try to remember to use your link though.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
skisby said:
Andy, I actually do most of my on-line purchasing on Amazon & they are excellent! Unfortunately they only had the regular black in my size & it was almost $70 more! I will certainly try to remember to use your link though.
Ouch! Typically they are the Low Price online retailer. Thanks for checking that out. I'll have to give them a call and tell them to lower their helmet prices! (Yeah, like they'll listen to me!).

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sorry that you are having a problem. I purhased som kevlar jeans from them about a year ago. No problem. Maybe I was just lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.