VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...because you have a National Anthem that can be sung by normal human beings!

And, I've been hearing your National Anthem a lot over the past few days!

Congratulations and thank you for hosting such a wonderful Olympic experience for the world. Vancouver is gorgeous and is now on my (and I'm sure other's) lists of must see places.

·
Registered
290 Posts

I like the American anthem and the old Soviet anthem. Both sung correctly makes the hair on your arms stand up. The problem with the American anthem is that too many singers butcher it.
Andy, if you ever come up here you may never want to leave. The PNW has every thing you want from majestic mountain peaks to sandy beaches. So come on up we'll throw another shrimp on the barbe for you....wait a mintute that's Australia. Heck doesn't matter come over anyway, you'll love it trust me.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Highway_Star said:
I like the American anthem and the old Soviet anthem. Both sung correctly makes the hair on your arms stand up. The problem with the American anthem is that too many singers butcher it.
Andy, if you ever come up here you may never want to leave. The PNW has every thing you want from majestic mountain peaks to sandy beaches. So come on up we'll throw another shrimp on the barbe for you....wait a mintute that's Australia. Heck doesn't matter come over anyway, you'll love it trust me.
Shouldn't that be salmon on the grill?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
bored76 said:
Highway_Star said:
Hell, it's Canada. They're pulling bear out of the deep freezer.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
phoenix9 said:
bored76 said:
Highway_Star said:
Hell, it's Canada. They're pulling bear out of the deep freezer.
It's cold enough here in Canadawe don't need a freezer, just hang it from the tree in the front yard and hack a slab off when we need it!! LOL

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Clubford00 said:
+1 its just a shame we have to beat you in Hockey for the Gold :)
Because im pretty confident we will se each other again.
Are you sure you are going to make that far, US mens team ony managed 2 goals against Switzerland, I think Team Canada tired your boys out in their first game with us, we scored 7 against the powerhouse Russians.
You play Finland at 3:00 PM EST. Good luck
We play Slovakia at 9:30 PM EST, THE GAME IS ON
Up here we all know who Gary Bettmanis cheering for.

·
Registered
463 Posts

GO CANADA GO!
Awesome Olympics this time and I for one could care a less what the IOC thinks about our gals having a beer out on the cie after the game! i'm thinking the question should have been " was that Canadian beer"?
Stuffy lot the IOC
Athletes no matter, their country, show the mettle they are made of !
I'll be watching the Canada Slovakia game and the next one this weekend!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Salty said:
GO CANADA GO!
Awesome Olympics this time and I for one could care a less what the IOC thinks about our gals having a beer out on the cie after the game! i'm thinking the question should have been " was that Canadian beer"?
Stuffy lot the IOC
I agree great games and some great stories unfold. I don't watch figure skating (in fact typing it was hard) but watching Joannie Rochette's Bronze metal performance after loosing her mother 4 days ago made me say WOW, well it was more like Holy S*%*!!
More hockey coming Game On! Now if I could only understand Curling and I live in the Prairies!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Salty said:
GO CANADA GO!
i'm thinking the question should have been " was that Canadian beer"?
Stuffy lot the IOC
I agree, and from what I heard it was Molson Canadian beer, way to go girls!!!!
GO CANADA!!!

·
Registered
814 Posts

No matter where you are from or who you are cheering for, everybody wants to see the Canadians and Americans in the gold metal hockey game. The only hockey games that really matter during the Olympics are Canada vs Russia and Canada vs USA.
Okay, I'll admit thatpersonnaly I haven't left the tv since the opening cerimonies.I have beenwearing my Team Canada jersey with my red Olympic mittens and TeamCanada touque on, drinking beer, eating bear steak and baked beans for days now so my allegiancemay be a little biassed. I'll confess that I broke into a sweat when we took on Russia and Ovechkin and that Icussed proffusely at our goaly when we outplayed the Americans and still lost thegame so I appologize for that, BUT we are going to win today and we are going to meet the Americans again and Canada is going to take the gold because I believe andas the American women's team now know Hockey is CANADA's GAME.
Please excuse this outburst, I know it's not normalCanadian behavior but you are what you eat and this is hockey And Hockey is Canada's Game !
Sorry, I'm so embarrassed.
GO CANADA !!!
Nepper.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Sure we out played the American team and their goalie was hot in our first Olympic meet up. If you watched the Canada Russian game you would have noticed we out played them too, but our snipers did what they do best, they found the openings, the scoring could have been much higher. The games as stated that everyone wanted to see were Canada vs Russia well that's now history, check out what their newspaper is saying about Canada and the Olympics.
Pravda News http://english.pravda.ru/sports/games/19-02-2010/112308-vancouver_mutton-0
Now Canadavs US, by the USA winning in their first meet up they got a bye and made it to the quarter finals almost garanting them a medal round against Canada, if we would have won that game the US would have had to get by Russia, the out come could have been much different.
Good luck this afternoon in the semifinals, both teams.

·
Registered
814 Posts
OneThumb said:
Sure we out played the American team and their goalie was hot in our first Olympic meet up. If you watched the Canada Russian game you would have noticed we out played them too, but our snipers did what they do best, they found the openings, the scoring could have been much higher. The games as stated that everyone wanted to see were Canada vs Russia well that's now history, check out what their newspaper is saying about Canada and the Olympics,
Now Canadavs US, by the USA winning in their first meet up they got a bye and made it to the quarter finals almost garanting them a medal round against Canada, if we would have won that game the US would have had to get by Russia, the out come could have been much different.
Good luck this afternoon in the semifinals, both teams.
Did I watch the game ? Did Winnie the Pooh poop in the bushnear White River? LOL
It's certainlyno surpise to see the Russian reaction, it was almost expected. I mean really,who needs their president to visit the closing cerimonies anyway. I say great, that leaves one moreseat openfor some free living world citizen to enjoy a good show.
I think this game against Slovakia is going to be better thanmost people think. I gotta get more beer. LOL
Go Canada.
Nep

·
Registered
463 Posts

Pravda News http://english.pravda.ru/sports/games/19-02-2010/112308-vancouver_mutton-0
I am very digusted with that article and it angers me...I think we are running a first class Olympics here myself. But of course, I am bias. Why he lashes out at our soldiers in Afghistan i do not know but if anyone is a coward...it is him behind his pen!
We all know how dirty the Russian players can be...and therefore copwardly. They need to look at their playaers and coach's for their loss's
Sour grapes.
Next time their aircraft land her at our Cold Lake Air Base for fuel we should just say.."Nit"

·
Registered
814 Posts

I guess they write this stuff to get our goat and to BS their population to keep them in the dark otherwise how could they keep their own people from revolting and tossing them out on their ear. It's pretty sad when your national news paper is no better than the National Inquirer.
Enough of that nonsense, the games are supposed to be nonpolitical and we can't let those idots drag us into the games they play. Unfortunately the 2014 games will probably be like going into Germany for the 1936 games only dripping with communist propoganda as opposed tofascism. I hope I'm wrong.
Canada vs Slovakia. Ouch !!!I don't think anybody wanted it as bad as those guys, what an amazing final 10 minutes of hockey. If the game between USA and Canada is even close to the final minutes of that game last night we will see some of the best hockeysince the Canada/Russia series. Team Canada better get their game on and not sit downthinking a mere 3 goal lead grants them some slack. Thisain't no regular season game.
Go Canada.
Nep.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.