VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS is why I hate politicians.
545 vs. 300,000,000
EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

CharleyReese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the worldwho create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you everwondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, ifall the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we haveinflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have theConstitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House ofRepresentatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congressdoes.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal ReserveBank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, onepresident, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 humanbeings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally,and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plaguethis country.

I excluded the members of the Federal ReserveBoard because that problem was created by theCongress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional dutyto provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, centralbank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for asound reason.. They have no legal authority. They have noability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do onecotton-picking
thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. Thepolitician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter whatthe lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibilityto determinehow he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energyconvincing you that what they did is not their fault.They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
Whatseparates a politician from a normal human being is anexcessive amount of gall.. No normalhuman being would have the gall of aSpeaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creatingdeficits.. The president can only propose a budget.He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of theland, gives sole responsibility to the House ofRepresentatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She andfellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto ifthey agreeto.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of asingle domestic problemthat is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fullygrasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federalgovernment, then it must follow that what exists is what they want toexist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want itunfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it inthe red ..

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do notreceive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not availableto the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are noinsoluble government problems..

Do not let these 545 people shiftthe blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they canabolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; toregulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they cantake this power. Above all, do not let them con you intothe belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "theeconomy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doingwhat they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and theyalone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have thepower.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by thepeople who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have thegumption to manage their own employees

We should vote all ofthem out of office and clean up their mess!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.