VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or the does the 2019 Indian Chieftain series (excluding the classic) and the 2019 Harley Street-glide look eerily similar? I mean.. Polaris even put a little hump in the seat! No disrespect to the present Indian owners.. but dang Polaris.. where's the design originality? Albeit the cockpit area looks damn good!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think the hard bags are very Harley-esque. I think Polaris might take this comparison as a compliment though...

·
Registered
387 Posts
That is what they had with Victory and they dumped it.

• Winner
Reactions: Barry and jayleav

·
Registered
166 Posts
There are a few elements that just look like an afterthought, or that they were in a rush to finish the design. The bag latches look horrible in my opinion. The fairing design looks way too Harley like. I was not the biggest fan of the previous fairing and bags either, yet I admired it because it was distinguishable and had character. Now it just looks like a Street Glide wannabe.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wow, I just went and compared the 18 to the 19...that's the same bike!?!?! No family resemblance.

View attachment 501287

Reactions: HenryT

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I’d sooner have the ‘19. I’ll predict now that they’ll have the bear year yet for sales with this and the FTR.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Options for the future. Yes Victorys ARE great bikes, yes I will keep it. But there gone unfortunately, time to get over it.
Nope, never getting over it! Yes I'm bitter.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Wow, I just went and compared the 18 to the 19...that's the same bike!?!?! No family resemblance.

View attachment 501287
Thanks for doing that. For some strange reason I had not done that yet!

FWIW I see what they were doing here. Changin things up, bringing in angles. That gave it a chiseled sort of look. Looks OK to me. I do like it a bit more than the Classic. Nearly 100 pounds lighter than the Vision, yet the Viz handles a tad better. That is to say the Limited handles pretty good! The wheelbase is nearly identical to the Viz, But the Viz is about 10 inches longer.

These are nice bikes. I just happen to like mine better!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Is it me or the does the 2019 Indian Chieftain series (excluding the classic) and the 2019 Harley Street-glide look eerily similar? I mean.. Polaris even put a little hump in the seat! No disrespect to the present Indian owners.. but dang Polaris.. where's the design originality? Albeit the cockpit area looks damn good!
All the victory designers are working for HD now, so 20 years from now when my vic wheels fall off i can buy a HD that looks like these awsomess victory machines ....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
I prefer the looks of the 19 Indian over the 18 so I see it as an improvement. As far as looking like an SG, I think it looks like a more up to date SG, so maybe Indian beat HD to the punch.....

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The way it sounds from the video below, Polaris has admitted to taking design cues from other brands. Sounds like it is a new direction the company is going in all their brands. Why be original when you can just copy someone else's success.

If you are not into off road, fast forward to the 19min and 25 second point in the video below to see what I'm talking about.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The way it sounds from the video below, Polaris has admitted to taking design cues from other brands. Sounds like it is a new direction the company is going in all their brands. Why be original when you can just copy someone else's success.

If you are not into off road, fast forward to the 19min and 25 second point in the video below to see what I'm talking about.

Yeah, those silly design engineers. Making side by sides look like trucks to sell more vehicles. What are they thinking.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.