VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and can't wait for it ot come in. I went with clear just in case I look thru that 2". Some one suggested that I could have tint applied to the lower portion, just leaving the +2" clear. I'll look into that at a detailing shop. I'm also thinking of having some of that clear film added to the top and front of the bags to prevent chipping.
I'll keep you posted.
Dave

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like mywindscreen. I have mine really dark but that's what I wanted. I was the first one to get it and I'm glad I did. Hope you like it. Ride review when you get it...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered on the 20th and just got a UPS pickup confirmation today. A little longer wait than I prefer, but oh well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haven't got my cc yet but when I rode one I thought that I could see over the stock windshield by at least 5 or 6 inches. I am only 5' 7and the wind was hitting me in the face bad from the nose up. when I ducked down about 4 inches it went away. Is the +2 tall enough to stop the wind from hitting you in the face with the turned up lip or maybe the +4 wb better?

·
Registered
25 Posts

did you order the +2 or +4?
I'm in the same boat and deciding whether I go with the taller one or shorter one.
Maybe the lip flips the air up enough on the +2 that it will work like a CeeBailey shield
Don

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have the Gustaffsen +2 Euroflip w/ Light Gray tint on my Cross Country and it is a nice improvement. I am 6"-0" and I can see over the top just fine. I am going to install the Kewlmetal lower deflectors when they come out. The "dirty" air coming from under the fairing is obnoxious. I have a 1/2 and a 3/4 helmet. It's worse with the 3/4 because it catches the dirty air like a scoop. Other than that, pretty happy with the setup.

After having a flip w/shield on my Kingpin and WOC fairing, I would not buy a non-flip style w/shield. The improvement is that good.

Install tip... I layed my old w/shield over the Gustaffsen and marked my holes, drilled them then DOH! I didn't take into account the curve of the glass! I had to elongate the holes to get it to bolt up. I should have layed the new w/s on the new one, marked the holes. Then flip them around with the new on top of the old w/s and mark again. Then drill the holes between the two marks and it would have been perfectly centered.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i had a 10" flip on my WOC fairing as well. I can't say that it improved air flow but it wasn't all that expensive and my original scratched like a pair of military underwear within a few months of rides.

I don't find the air on the Cross to be as obtrusive as many others do here.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I went with the +2".
In hindsight I migh have gone with the +4.
The 2 made a huge difference, but now the lower air turbulenc is very apparent.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Gustaffsen +2 Euroflip w/Dark Gray tint is what I have and it works great in the city and pretty decent in the highway. I'm 5'11" and look overthe w/s with no problem.I put M/S lowers and that helpedcut some ofthe dirty air from under the fairing.
On thehighway the wind hits me on top of my helmet and that's good for me now. I might get the +4 and cut it down 1 inch and have itforwinterriding. I'm pretty happy now. Just need to find fork guards that look cool.... A wing on the lower right and left fairing would be good and would cut down the air. I've see themon the SG as a add on.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
After trying the +2 and the +4 a couple weeks back I ended up with a +4 clear w/flip. Watched him make it from scratch, it's a pretty interesting operation.

The trick to drilling the holes is to install the shield in place, make sure everything is lined up and while pushing it down onto the mount mark the center of each hole. Use a small drill first then "ream" the hole out with a dremel cone shaped grinding stone. Make the holes jsut slightly bigger than the cap bolts and you're good to go.

Overall @ 5'9" tall I look over the shield for anything more than 20' in front of the bike and aside from the aformentioned under faring air it works very well at all speeds.

·
Registered
120 Posts

mjw930 said:
After trying the +2 and the +4 a couple weeks back I ended up with a +4 clear w/flip. Watched him make it from scratch, it's a pretty interesting operation.

The trick to drilling the holes is to install the shield in place, make sure everything is lined up and while pushing it down onto the mount mark the center of each hole. Use a small drill first then "ream" the hole out with a dremel cone shaped grinding stone. Make the holes jsut slightly bigger than the cap bolts and you're good to go.

Overall @ 5'9" tall I look over the shield for anything more than 20' in front of the bike and aside from the aformentioned under faring air it works very well at all speeds.
Can you put a pick of the +4 w/s of your bike so we can see it. I might buy the +4 for winter riding. I like the +2 for cool or hot days but when you get close to 45 deg or lower it get a little cold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.