VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bumping across a very flat & straight local interstate today on my Gunner at an "illegal everywhere/loose your DL speed" I had the pleasure of seeing a sweet looking Viper plodding along in the driving lane. At first from a distance I thought it was a old Corvette so I did not even think about rolling off the throttle to get a better look at it. Once I was passing the car it clicked in my brain what I had just blown by. (For context although I will always be a Chevy man I've always had a sweet sport for that one Dodge) Just about snapped my neck looking at it as I ripped by,. And for a moment did think about slowing down for another look. Decided to just stay in it as I knew the driver of a machine like that would not let that stand and would "catch up" sooner or later. Well the poor guy must have gotten stuck behind a truck or something because it was at least a good ten miles before I saw him again.

From about 600yds back I could see a set of high beams kick on in my drivers side mirror. (which was vibrating wildly at that speed) At first I thought I was busted so I had slowed to an "almost loose your DL" speed so they could close the distance. Waiting for the disco lights to come on I saw that beautiful orange paint between the headlights glint in the sunlight and I knew what was coming. He shot past me about the same way I had done to him earlier, I just laughed and waved. (It looked and sounded fantastic)

Spent the next few miles checking out that beautiful car. I don't know if it was his wife or gf next to him but she did not seem that thrilled from my view. Letting my V Twin sing on that particular stretch of road is always fun, so there is no doubt in my mind that driver had a good time opening up that V-10

Here's to us both enjoying our American made machines. Cheers!

Liquid Bottle Drinkware Glass bottle Drink

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
I once pulled next to a Lamborghini at a red light.....while in a police car. My windows were down and so were his. I looked over and when he gave me a look I gave my engine a rev. He took a second to figure it out and then we both had a good laugh.

Fun times!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was a kid it always seemed the Italian ones got the most attention. Seems these days it does not matter who makes it, when a super car is around your eyes are automatically drawn to it no mater your age.

If he would have accepted your challenge???

I always joke with the local LEO’s that they can stop me and take the bike for a rip anytime I’m out riding. The one instinctively knows I’d ask to do the same with the patrol car and flatly refuses no matter how much I promise not to take it off any sweet jumps.

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
If he would have accepted your challenge???
I would have laughed even harder as I watched him get real small real quick.

I came up with a few Caprice but mostly Vics....that's Crown Victorias. The only reason we ever catch anybody is because of superior driving and Motorola.

If you're a great driver in a great car our cars don't stand a chance. The Tahoes now are even worse and the Explorer is just too small for life size officers.

I think I need a Demon but I'll settle for a Hellcat or Mustang done up by Roush. That would be a great police car.

I'd love to take my F-150 5.4L 4x4 out to Roush and throw some parts at it. That way I could get the bass boat to the lake faster.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Bumping across a very flat & straight local interstate today on my Gunner at an "illegal everywhere/loose your DL speed" I had the pleasure of seeing a sweet looking Viper plodding along in the driving lane. At first from a distance I thought it was a old Corvette so I did not even think about rolling off the throttle to get a better look at it. Once I was passing the car it clicked in my brain what I had just blown by. (For context although I will always be a Chevy man I've always had a sweet sport for that one Dodge) Just about snapped my neck looking at it as I ripped by,. And for a moment did think about slowing down for another look. Decided to just stay in it as I knew the driver of a machine like that would not let that stand and would "catch up" sooner or later. Well the poor guy must have gotten stuck behind a truck or something because it was at least a good ten miles before I saw him again.

From about 600yds back I could see a set of high beams kick on in my drivers side mirror. (which was vibrating wildly at that speed) At first I thought I was busted so I had slowed to an "almost loose your DL" speed so they could close the distance. Waiting for the disco lights to come on I saw that beautiful orange paint between the headlights glint in the sunlight and I knew what was coming. He shot past me about the same way I had done to him earlier, I just laughed and waved. (It looked and sounded fantastic)

Spent the next few miles checking out that beautiful car. I don't know if it was his wife or gf next to him but she did not seem that thrilled from my view. Letting my V Twin sing on that particular stretch of road is always fun, so there is no doubt in my mind that driver had a good time opening up that V-10

Here's to us both enjoying our American made machines. Cheers!

View attachment 385761
Could you see her head first time by......might have been trying to lite a cig after the next time you saw them :badgrin:

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I actually see a lot of super cars in my neck of the woods. It's pretty awesome when they get together as a group on the Skyway. I can't help but to fantasize about trying to keep up with them.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I actually see a lot of super cars in my neck of the woods. It's pretty awesome when they get together as a group on the Skyway. I can't help but to fantasize about trying to keep up with them.
Yea...like chasing Mountainrider :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
There is a white Camaro that likes to have fun with me when I rocket passed him in traffic. Well I did that yesterday and saw his headlights lift in my rear views so I cracked open my throttle and started to weave in traffic as did he. Well the fun was short lived as I ended up nearly blowing the doors off of a cop car. I grabbed brakes and down shifted right by that cops window OOOPPPPS. Anyhow I got around a few more cars and the cop disappeared and it was back to green flag racing for me. I'm not sure where the Camaro disappeared to but I'm thinking he didn't want to test his luck after nearly blowing by that same cop himself.

It's very rare around here for folks to open up their sports cars and I have no clue why. I know for one I would catch up to anyone that rocketed passed me if I owned a sports car. I try to do the same on my cruiser when sports bike pass me even though I know I'll never catch them.

One of these days I'll grow up.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
There is a white Camaro that likes to have fun with me when I rocket passed him in traffic. Well I did that yesterday and saw his headlights lift in my rear views so I cracked open my throttle and started to weave in traffic as did he. Well the fun was short lived as I ended up nearly blowing the doors off of a cop car. I grabbed brakes and down shifted right by that cops window OOOPPPPS. Anyhow I got around a few more cars and the cop disappeared and it was back to green flag racing for me. I'm not sure where the Camaro disappeared to but I'm thinking he didn't want to test his luck after nearly blowing by that same cop himself.

It's very rare around here for folks to open up their sports cars and I have no clue why. I know for one I would catch up to anyone that rocketed passed me if I owned a sports car. I try to do the same on my cruiser when sports bike pass me even though I know I'll never catch them.

One of these days I'll grow up.
Go see KEVINX....you'll catch them :rofl3:...get ecu not pcv....that way 6200RPM in 6th :ok:

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Rylan and Gabe at TVS already took care of my baby with cams and Maximus tuner. @Teflon Mike and @Kurbs was there to see me give Rylan a bear hug after I took my bike out for a spin.
Add being BLACK = WINNER (green and white behind you?):rofl3:

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Rylan and Gabe at TVS already took care of my baby with cams and Maximus tuner. @Teflon Mike and @Kurbs was there to see me give Rylan a bear hug after I took my bike out for a spin.
Guess I rattled Teflon's chain....need help here JW :rofl3:

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Teflon is a scary dude I don't want to be dragged into the middle. :run:

But yes black bike are faster.
He's a TEDDY BEAR....NO BITE :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Hey hey now, lets not hijack. On rare occasion that I get a sports car to play with me, it doesn't go well for them. I've told this story once or twice on here, but one time I was on an on ramp and this newer model camero was riding my butt. So once the road straightened out I cracked the throttle. I knew he was trying to keep up because he was actually somewhat staying with me, but after a mile or two I just got in the right lane and let him pass. I think I did enough to prove my bike was faster :hihi: but old age and wiser decision making skills got the better of me before doing something stupid. Other than that, and a couple other very slow vehicles trying to test what they got... I usually don't get many people who want to play. Of course if I want to really play, I just call up some voggers, but they play too hard for me most of the time:eek:. Buncha psychos.. the lot of ya.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Hey hey now, lets not hijack. On rare occasion that I get a sports car to play with me, it doesn't go well for them. I've told this story once or twice on here, but one time I was on an on ramp and this newer model camero was riding my butt. So once the road straightened out I cracked the throttle. I knew he was trying to keep up because he was actually somewhat staying with me, but after a mile or two I just got in the right lane and let him pass. I think I did enough to prove my bike was faster :hihi: but old age and wiser decision making skills got the better of me before doing something stupid. Other than that, and a couple other very slow vehicles trying to test what they got... I usually don't get many people who want to play. Of course if I want to really play, I just call up some voggers, but they play too hard for me most of the time:eek:. Buncha psychos.. the lot of ya.
I'll ADMIT to the end of story....thanks for bring ME on board Mike :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Reactions: Teflon Mike

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I don't know if it's a vog thing or a victory thing or something else, but every time I ride with someone from here they go hard af. Not complaining. I prefer to try to keep up at my own pace rather than be bored to death. but just thinking out loud, it's just a giant leap in skill level in riders from here than most others around town.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.