VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on the bike to head to work this morning and banged her into first WITHOUT pulling in the clutch.........BANG! New rule, 1 full cup of coffee BEFORE getting on the bike.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
One bang never hurts!! :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Raise your hand if you have never done this.

Yea, I thought so, no hands up. We have all done this at least once.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
OneThumb said:
If you used Amsoil it would have allowed it to work like an Automatic.
Now thats just plain FUNNY!!!Oatmeal on my keyboard!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clubford00 said:
Good one OT

Did it pop when you banged it into first?
LOL, nope but there was a definite CLANG!

·
Registered
167 Posts

That ranks up there with pushing the horn button to start the bike at a busy gas station, AFTER looking all cool while filling it up!! I quickly left before the laughter!!
Don't feel bad we have all done it:)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

FishWitch said:
Now if I could just remember to put my kickstand up!!!
Now I havent done that one Syd, but I have forgot to put it down... and once when I first started riding I pulled up to a stop sign and forgot to put my feet down...lol

·
Registered
273 Posts

Chas_K said:
FishWitch said:
Guilty of that & hitting the horn thinking I was canceling the turn signal.
I do that too, or when turning the volume up on the radio! Good thing I know a bunch of people in town, I just wave like I was trying to get their attention. I look pretty stupid at 4:30 in the morning waving to no one though. Damn controls.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FishWitch said:
My yamerhamer has a switch on kickstand and it kills the engine if in gear with kickstand down. The only problem is whenI first got it it took me 5 min. one day to figure why it would not start. YesterdayIwas pulling into a parking lot with a bunch of bikes when my finger found the horn button and hit it. Its Gods way of keeping us humbel.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Fishy waves hand in air!!! GUILTY of almost all of the above.

I haven't forgotten to put the kickstand down, I've heard enough horror stories bout that!!!

I did think I was going to have to hook up a Dabney Coleman 9 to 5 Garage Opener Contraption the other day to get off my bike when I brought home the new XC! Man did my garage get tiny!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
dsjr70 said:
FishWitch said:
Now I havent done that one Syd, but I have forgot to put it down... and once when I first started riding I pulled up to a stop sign and forgot to put my feet down...lol
I literally started laughing out loud to myself when I read that.....I still am every time I visualize you sitting on your bike and tipping over with your feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I parked on a hill once and put the bike in first gear to keep it from rolling. After i got back on the bike later, i swore for 10 min trying to figure out why the SOB wouldnt start !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.