Ooops!!!!!! | Page 4 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Ooops!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by Motorbikerx, Mar 26, 2021.

1. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    I thought that yellow beast has a under drive pulley sins 2009 one of the first made , but i could be wrong

I have it and it's the best mod ever,

Bone stock bike with UD pulley should have come from factory ....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Motorbikerx

Motorbikerx Well-Known Member

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    Yellow bike has got the UD pulley.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daddio

Daddio Well-Known Member

'13 XCT Road-Grime Brown, '09 Buell XB12XT Ulysses, the faster black one
    My older brother had 2, one running and one parts bike, back in the mid-70s. Seemed like a pretty quick bike, but no where near my buddies' H-2 and H-1 Kawis.

4. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Neither is the speed of light, those Kawi’s are insane

5. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    No they weren't, but were almost as quick as a freshly tuned twin carb BSA or Triumph 650, and would hold tune way better, so be just as fast as most Trumpys or Beezas on the street.
    One of mine had a cam regrind, and skimmed head, so was noticeably quicker than the others. Way more reliable than any of my BSAs as well, much better engineered.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Motorbikerx

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    I've owned and ridden many miles on XS650s , some with 750 kits, and decent carbs,
    Never punted one down the 1/4 mile though.
    Had to dig deep into my phone to find this one , the one I sold after I bought the Vegas.
    Got pinched for oil leaks and defected on a Brisbane 1%club Poker Run, defected and fined before we even got to the Darra Pub where the run started from!
    Still rode the run and took my GPZ900R on the Poker Run the following week.
    And wouldn't ya know it , got pulled over by the same cop who said, You got your good bike this week!
    No defects on it...except for me of course
    Sold both the Yam and the Geep to build my nestegg back up after exhausting my cash reserves on the Vegas.
    Been riding shitbox jappas all my life I thought...gonna buy me something decent!...Decent indeed!
    phone31 3 2015 337.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Motorbikerx

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    TX 650A if my memory serves me correctly.
    Bought from a pic on eBay, I flew to Sydney airport the owner picked me up from there and drove me to Blacktown, where I took the XS around the block, shoved $1100 in his hand and set off to ride back to the Gold Coast some 600 or so miles on a sagged out seat on an unknown bike .
    Had a number arse after 3 miles riding and thought WTF am I doing?
    Have I lost the plot?
    The thing was smoking all the oil deposits on the engine off and I pulled into a bike shop in North Sydney to try and buy spark plugs.
    No Go so I pushed on got partially lot tryna find the Newcastle expressway.
    They're probably still hunting for me for tolls from the tollway system that I wasn't tied into, What a trip hit a truck stop tryna get something to stay awake, No Go , headed for my sister's farm out of Nabiac got there after dark for a shower a feed and a bed.
    Resisted the urge to try to get the bike into a better state of tune cos if it's not broke why fix it?
    It was still running so I had a fair idea it'd get me home
    Left next morning for a torturous ride north, standing on the footpegs through every town to try and get some blood circulation through my numb arse!
    The closer I got to home the more confident I got to open the 650 up and the ride was doing it good.
    Once I got home I went right over the tune-up sequence ,fresh plugs, adjust camchain , points, timing, and carbs and got it as good as I could, later fitting electronic ignition.
    The tacho became inoperable as the needle vibrated off and the speedo had long since stopped working too.
    Indicators I'd removed as it was pre-ADR and they spoil the looks of an old bike, and you can't forget to turn off a hand signal.
    Would probably still be riding it if not for the police harrassnent so really I should thank them
    Victory is mine sayeth the Lord!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    That was a great story. There have been so many times I have just wanted to go off on an adventure. At times I think just go in a direction where there’s a good destination for you to land and relax. Don’t worry about the ride / trip there......... that’s where all the good stuff happens and that’s where the memories are.
    I remember the movie The Fastest Indian ( Burt Monroe) with Anthony Hopkins. One of my favorite movies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Motorbikerx

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    Thanks, though when I ride I very rarely have a destination.
    In the above case I was buying a bike and riding it home, an adventure in itself.
    That's how I got my Vegas home from Melbourne a ride of over 1000 miles the way I rode following the coatal route.
    Soon as the rain stops here I'm off again on the Kingpin, with no destination to enjoy the journey, staying in the moment.
    If I'm going for a while I'll throw my swag on the back and then can camp literally anywhere I deem safe.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

Nice bike!
    Your trouble at the truck stop trying to get wakey wakies: you asked for the wrong stuff its No Doz, not No Go.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

Hey SlickVic, try it the other way round. Just head out, no destination in mind, that's what invites adventure into your life.
    It might hurt a bit at the time.
    Weird stuff happens when you abandon all idea of the need to be a specific place on time. Turn off the gps function on your phone, be prepared to get lost (carry some extra fuel), just wander.
    I've ended up alone on a beach in croc country at 2am, other side of a mangrove swamp from bike and swag, found someone's lost minimaglite; been invited back to someone's home to stay for a week to teach his wife to cook; been invited to a publicans all you can eat and drink surprise birthday party in his own pub; gatecrashed a New Years Eve wedding and ended up in bed with the grooms sister; pushed a Sporty with a dead battery 7km down a dirt road then up a 1km hill on a bitumen highway, just turned it round for the roll start down and had someone pull up with jumper leads to help; woken up in the swag next to the bike on a perfect outback dawn at Combo waterhole, the Waltzing Matilda site. Just set out, good times will find you, some bad ones too for sure, but you'll laugh at those later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Motorbikerx

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    Double Winner with those adventures Steve!.....Geeze I'd be here all day listing mine but the sun's finally out and the road is calling me!
    No Destination!
    When I tell the girl we are going for a ride she's given up asking where we are going, Now asks what day I think we may be back.:D

• Like Like x 3
  13. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    I’m just entering the phase in my life where maybe this could happen. Fact is I love my wife too much to be away from her too long. I do enjoy an all day to nowhere ride occasionally. We like exploring and finding new places. Once we came up on a little town on the west coast of Florida. Stump Pass / Englewood. Never heard of it. A quiet little beach town. Fitting of a post card. Never have I seen beaches so inhabited with real beach goers. Serious beach gear and the homes in this little nook of paradise were mostly rentals that were so cool to look at with their updates and decorated yards. Party town USA for sure and a real vacation spot for the family. The bars and little restaurants were fun with the usual Florida menu. It was the atmosphere that we really liked. Then we rode up that coast and all you could see was old school Florida beach homes for what seemed miles. No fancy landscape like the east coast of Florida’s Jupiter island where everyone is in competition and has a yard man on 24hour call.

• Like Like x 1
  14. James2003x

James2003x Active Member

2015 XCT

Put the bike on your ship and bring it here it will run faster. We’re having motorcycle only drags Friday night. If it doesn’t rain that is.

15. Motorbikerx

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    I would mate, but it's not my ship and it's pretty bloody slow too
    Took 6 months to get here so youse are outta luck.
    It's a known fact that engines produce more power in the Northern Hemisphere than the Southern.
    Due to the vortex of the Earth's magnetic field.
    Maybe if I replace the Flux Capacitor it may help!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1