VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some who order through online sources can get tires that are already 3 - 5 years old. My understanding is that it can happen when ordering through some of the more popular sites that purchase large amounts of tires to get a better discount. I'm possibly going to need some this year and I don't want to be getting tires that are already close to or past their suggested limits.

For those of you who order you tires online; how old are they when you get them?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ordered a set of Metzeler ME880s from Amazon and got a rear tire that was 4 months old and a front tire that was 7 months old.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I’ve always received fresh tires from Dennis Kirk. I think you’re more likely to get older tires off the rack at dealer that doesn’t have the huge turnover that an internet vendor has.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I have a set of E4s sitting in a box I just got from Dennis Kirk. I'll have to give them a look but I don't recall every getting old tires from them. They have good prices and I get them in two days.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gents, good to know that there's some suitable suppliers out there. I'll try and ask for specifics when I order but I wouldn't expect the order desk staff to have access to that information. It might be nothing to be concerned about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.