VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Initially made a post on Facebook, but damn, that Pursuit group was fanboy butthurt central that I didn't give the bike 6 out of 5 stars.

Now this is all my opinion(we're still allowed to have those aren't we?). Your experience may differ.

Ex Harley rider that went to Victory for it's 17 year run back to HD after the plug was pulled. 35+ years of riding experience and probably half a million miles of saddle time.

Anyhow, it wasn't a very long test ride but I've got some takeaways I'm going to share. Will try to stay concise and keep it short as possible.

Bike, the dark horse with black smoke paint looks really really cool.

Love the seat, stitching looks nice, taller bump for the driver. Nice and firm I think it'll be good for longer rides.

Ride command boots up quickly, it's cool that you can control functions such as the rear shock or heated seat. It's a nice touch.

Electric windshield is nice, not a new offering for them by any means, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it when needed.

Fairing storage compartments are really nice and roomy. Both my wife's S22 ultra and my Note 20 Ultra easily fit in them.

Saddlebags seem roomier than my Ultra as well, however didn't have gear to test that theory.

Engine and throttle response even in standard mode was good. Didn't really get into it, bike had 1 mile when I left their parking lot.

Front lighting is very good.

Now for the parts I wasn't too impressed with.

Cannot fit two full faced helmets in the trunk(Sedici modulars). They may fit with some careful finagling but it's small, way smaller than Victory's and probably 10% smaller than my Ultras.

The front vents on the sides of the headlight aren't the easiest to open/close.

The lower vent doors and how they open/close is the same cheap and poorly designed setup the Victory's and early Roadmasters had, albeit they had the seashell swing. These designs just don't stand up well over time with their friction washer setups.

Probably and assembly issue but the rear trunk liner and power plug had issues. The liner against the passenger backrest was 'hanging loose' and the power plug pulled out accidentally. Couldn't find a way to 'positive lock it'.

The lowers don't have the storage compartments, it's now a $210 add-on. Kind of dumb but sign of the times.

No android auto option, why Polaris why? Every freaking car with the in dash tablets has both options, fix this now.

Rear lighting is inadequate. In 2014 HD finally upped their game by turning the trunk light into brake and turns and at a good height for the cars behind us. Why they went with the 2 little turn signals/brake light I don't understand.

Dealer offering me a fair trade in for Ultra. Also offering $$$ off of MSRP since it's end of season for us.

Haven't made a final decision yet, I truly expected to have more of a Cross country feel with the bike.

More than likely I'm going to buy and give it a try. HD has almost 30k on it now and needs tires. So with the high trade in value and needed maintenance, getting a new scooter with a 2 year warranty seems the way to go.

·
Registered
6,433 Posts
Fairing storage compartments are really nice and roomy. Both my wife's S22 ultra and my Note 20 Ultra easily fit in them.
Careful with these compartments, buddy had it open and the key fob fall out at oh dark 30. Went back to the scene after work, found it but it had been run over...

On that note, learn how to start the bike without the fob at delivery.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hard lowers with zero storage?
Who designed that?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All your complaints are pretty petty, just saying amigo. :)
Yeah not being able to fit mine and my wife's full face helmets in the trunk is petty.

What was I thinking, a full dress touring bike the retails in the mid 30,000s doesn't need storage, nice rear lighting, cheap feeling parts compared to their competitors.

I should be ashamed ,🤣

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
I think if it were me I'd add some helmet locks to the rear tube near the trunk.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I have bar end helmet locks on both Visions and they are beyond valuable when I'm riding somewhere and have luggage in the trunk.

Before I had them I used some gun locks I had that came with different guns I've bought over the years. Really something like that might work well on that tube too.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
The Pursuit, at 3 times the money of a used Victory CCT is no where near 3 times the bike. IMHO, a person has to really want to spend a lot of money to go the Indian Pursuit route. I get the ‘new bike’ thing, I really do. Sometimes people just need to spend money or go into debt. Not much difference from the person who gets excited about their shiny new CVO I guess.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Pursuit, at 3 times the money of a used Victory CCT is no where near 3 times the bike. IMHO, a person has to really want to spend a lot of money to go the Indian Pursuit route. I get the ‘new bike’ thing, I really do. Sometimes people just need to spend money or go into debt. Not much difference from the person who gets excited about their shiny new CVO I guess.
I'll agree with the fact that it's not 3 times the bike. It's also stupidly expensive considering there are still some cars you can buy for less than this bike. However I still miss my Victory's but the reality is that parts are getting harder to source. There are things that this bike lags behind my Ultra as well.

However my Ultra needs tires and I hate the handlebars. It's only got 30,000 miles on it and other than oil changes I've not dropped a dollar on it and I'm getting 1500 more than I paid for it.

Not all of us carry debt, my mortgage is paid, no credit card balances, no car payments, won't even have a bike payment.

Even without my current life status, why not treat yourself once in a while? Tomorrow is never promised, if your life ended tomorrow would you be more concerned that you didn't enjoy life to it's fullest or happier that you bought a used bike and left money you earned for someone else to enjoy?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The "storage" is in the fairing.
I really don't use the storage on the XCT lowers other than a kickstand puck on the right side and iPod and GPS transmitter on the left.
Still nice to have the option to use it.
I just assumed the Indian lowers had the same storage. 🤷‍♂️

The trunk being tiny would be an inconvenience for me solo. My XCT I can put my full helmet in the trunk and my jacket with just enough room to still get it closed. Smaller would have me carrying things with me on a trip.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don't use the storage on the XCT lowers other than a kickstand puck on the right side and iPod and GPS transmitter on the left.
Still nice to have the option to use it.
I just assumed the Indian lowers had the same storage. 🤷‍♂️

The trunk being tiny would be an inconvenience for me solo. My XCT I can put my full helmet in the trunk and my jacket with just enough room to still get it closed. Smaller would have me carrying things with me on a trip.
Not going to be able to store all that in Indian trunk. I'm leaving shortly to go sign the paperwork, I'll snap some pics later.

There's no 'native'(pun intended) storage.

Polaris in it's ever money grab made it optional Lower Fairing Storage | Indian Motorcycle

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I'll agree with the fact that it's not 3 times the bike. It's also stupidly expensive considering there are still some cars you can buy for less than this bike. However I still miss my Victory's but the reality is that parts are getting harder to source. There are things that this bike lags behind my Ultra as well.

However my Ultra needs tires and I hate the handlebars. It's only got 30,000 miles on it and other than oil changes I've not dropped a dollar on it and I'm getting 1500 more than I paid for it.

Not all of us carry debt, my mortgage is paid, no credit card balances, no car payments, won't even have a bike payment.

Even without my current life status, why not treat yourself once in a while? Tomorrow is never promised, if your life ended tomorrow would you be more concerned that you didn't enjoy life to it's fullest or happier that you bought a used bike and left money you earned for someone else to enjoy?
Like I said, I get the desire. My life just doesn’t need a $35k motorcycle for me to be satisfied, happy or content. YMMV.

I also hope it’s the most enjoyable motorcycle you’ve ever had and you couldn’t be happier with the purchase.

Though you’ll need to change your tagline with that kind of support for Polaris.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Not going to be able to store all that in Indian trunk. I'm leaving shortly to go sign the paperwork, I'll snap some pics later.

There's no 'native'(pun intended) storage.

Polaris in it's ever money grab made it optional Lower Fairing Storage | Indian Motorcycle
Not surprised.
I played around on the website and every little item was another $200+ add-on.

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
I like the idea of helmet locks. Have been to a lot of rallies and toured the country without a big bagger. Hook it on lock it and walk away. Never thought the trunks were for helmets. I thought they were for bulky leather jackets, gloves, traveling stuff. But, I figure if you are building a trunk somebody would have thought about holding two lids. You have a point.

The Iphone thing is dumb on their part.

$28,000 for a Toyota Camry, yeah its an expensive bike for sure. You are right, if you can buy it and want it, buy it. When the kids were young they learned to ski and wakeboard on a Mastercraft Prostar ski boat. Because I could. Good luck with the new bike.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yeah not being able to fit mine and my wife's full face helmets in the trunk is petty.

What was I thinking, a full dress touring bike the retails in the mid 30,000s doesn't need storage, nice rear lighting, cheap feeling parts compared to their competitors.

I should be ashamed ,🤣

There could be worse things.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Already has to go back in because the radio won't pickup any stations even when I was in the city.

Definitely has better performance than my M8 but haven't really flogged it yet. 150 or so miles yesterday, supposed to rain today so I may take it out to test it.

I still firmly feel they overdid somethings and cheaped out on things they shouldn't have.

But times have really changed. Last time I bought a new bike dealerships would offer discounts on accessories if you bought at time of the big purchase. The P&A sales lady said no we just help you pick parts. I didn't buy any.

Not going to invest any parts into the bike until I'm sure I'll be keeping it for any period of time. Only thing I likely will purchase is the storage compartments.

I can open the garage doors with my phone but I always add in a water proof push button on those doors and wire a opener to it. Easier than digging out my phone.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Gossamer did they go over starting the bike without the key or at least give you the code? If not get that when you go back for the radio.

Congratulations on your new ride.
yeah I asked about it, similar to what my HD had. Only difference is 4 digits on the Indian where the HD had 5 digits

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
View attachment 636403 View attachment 636402 View attachment 636403
View attachment 636402

Already has to go back in because the radio won't pickup any stations even when I was in the city.

Definitely has better performance than my M8 but haven't really flogged it yet. 150 or so miles yesterday, supposed to rain today so I may take it out to test it.

I still firmly feel they overdid somethings and cheaped out on things they shouldn't have.

But times have really changed. Last time I bought a new bike dealerships would offer discounts on accessories if you bought at time of the big purchase. The P&A sales lady said no we just help you pick parts. I didn't buy any.

Not going to invest any parts into the bike until I'm sure I'll be keeping it for any period of time. Only thing I likely will purchase is the storage compartments.

I can open the garage doors with my phone but I always add in a water proof push button on those doors and wire a opener to it. Easier than digging out my phone.
Really liking the stealth look. I wouldn't want to clean it, but I like the look. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts