VOG Forum banner

OK, I've been looking...

1025 10
If I do ever trade in my '13 XRC, it will likely be for the new Indian Challenger... That bike looks nice, and that liquid cooled PowerPlus engine should be terrific.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,964 Posts
Personally I’d wait a year and see where the 108 goes and see if the challenger gets any updates. If your looking for a new fast cruiser / bagger that handles superb well then your making a good choice.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My Vision only has 30K - at 10K per year, I'm hoping to be good for a while. However, as much as I dislike what Polaris did with Victory... I think the Challenger is the most appealing touring bike in production at the moment. If I was offered to swap my Vision for a Challenger even money... I might be on a new bike.

• Haha
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
... I think the Challenger is the most appealing touring bike in production at the moment. If I was offered to swap my Vision for a Challenger even money... I might be on a new bike.
Once the Challenger has the full touring package added (removable trunk and lowers, with a heated seat and grips are table stakes in my book) it might be worth the price they are asking for it as is.

Personally, I plan on keeping my XCT until the cases need to be split. I'll look into things again at that time, but will probably go big bore, update the dash and audio, refresh the paint, and keep on rollin' for FAR less than a brand new bike. Who knows, by then maybe both HD and Indian will be like Victory, a thing of the past? As much as I'm not a fan of the poor business decisions made by Polaris, I sure hope that doesn't happen!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
to be honest ... i would never trade a Vic for an Indian. imo Vic is still the better machine.

BUT .. if you need to part with it, just sell it privately. more $$ and you sell to someone that wants your bike. they dont call 'em stealerships for nothing

either way, good luck on your journey

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
My Vision only has 30K - at 10K per year, I'm hoping to be good for a while. However, as much as I dislike what Polaris did with Victory... I think the Challenger is the most appealing touring bike in production at the moment. If I was offered to swap my Vision for a Challenger even money... I might be on a new bike.
Your Vision at 30K miles isn't even broken in yet. I felt my CCT at 50K was finally 'broken in'. Anyway, you're safe with your Vision as no one will offer to trade you even up for the Challenger. Not a running, non crashed one anyway.

Keep the Vision going for as long as you can. It's the best value in all of motorcycling.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Keep the Vision going for as long as you can. It's the best value in all of motorcycling.
That's why I picked it up... 7K for one of the best touring bikes ever produced , seemed like a no brainer to me! To be clear, I love my Vision and plan on spending many miles on her! I'm looking forward to getting a few mods done to really wake it up.

• Winner
Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.