VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on longer trips I'm hunting for a 7th gear! One of the reasons I moved from my VTX1800 to the CC was the sixth gear. I had aftermarket pipes and at > 70 MPH, the X's RPMs sounded/felt like it was screaming. Now, I move to the CC, I love the 6th cog, I don't have aftermarket pipes (frankly, after the drone of aftermarket, I'm happy with stock, quiet pipes), and I find myself tooling down the highway at 70+ MPH and without thinking, I'm looking to upshift...

I'm not looking for answers, maybe just psychological help.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Well, if you have a 4 you want... you get 5 you want 6.... You get 6 you want 7... That is just the way it goes... You can send your check directly to me for the psycological consultation...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nessie044 said:
To quote from the Good Book - Proverbs 27:20, "Death and Destructionare never satisfied, and neither are the eyes of man."
This evidently applies equally to the left foot of motorcyclists ;-)
Nice quote!!

Speed limit here is 70 so naturally a guy wants to do 80 to 85. While I'm confident that the motor has no problem holding at 3000 rpm forever, gas mileage starts to suck north of 3K. a 7th gear would be nice. 2,300 to 2,500 at 85 would be very nice. An 8th gear that did 2,300 to 2,500 at 100 would get me in sooooo much trouble...

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Instructions on how to fix problem: ride sport bike at 10-12,000 RPM for day......repeat when symptoms return.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.