VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was riding the Vision, wife on back...
I'm now wondering if I need to get rid of the Vision...

A couple days ago, I had an old lady that almost hit me around a curve on a bridge....
Yesterday I rode kingpin, with 3 sport bikes... Everything was fine, except for the rain.
Tonight, running around, hour away from home, doing 35, green light for me, two bicyclists on right side, the male is looking straight at me, I was looking at him, just as I am getting the the light, the female takes off, went sideways, then straight in my lane, luckily no ****in cars, I swerved around her, she had no ****ing clue... I kid you not, she just about got wrecked and had no ****in clue!!!!!
I swear she had to be drunk or really bad bicyclists.... Maybe suicidal... I'm glad the Vision is nimble enough for me to do the things I practice, but I'm getting tired of trying to prove I'm lucky or skillful... I can't ****in relax even in a town where I have a green light!!!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Every pilot evaluates himself before proceeding to fly a plane. You must do the same.

Let me ask you this,"If you were rear-ended while sitting at a red light while in your car, would you consider giving up driving?"

Let your conscience be your guide.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
It may be just my police training but I clear every intersection, even stale greens.

As for riding I ride very aggressive and Im always on guard. But if you ask my wife she'll tell you that's my normal condition regardless of what I'm doing or where I'm at.

Reactions: robsvision and FoFo

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
So, I was riding the Vision, wife on back...
I'm now wondering if I need to get rid of the Vision...

A couple days ago, I had an old lady that almost hit me around a curve on a bridge....
Yesterday I rode kingpin, with 3 sport bikes... Everything was fine, except for the rain.
Tonight, running around, hour away from home, doing 35, green light for me, two bicyclists on right side, the male is looking straight at me, I was looking at him, just as I am getting the the light, the female takes off, went sideways, then straight in my lane, luckily no ****in cars, I swerved around her, she had no ****ing clue... I kid you not, she just about got wrecked and had no ****in clue!!!!!
I swear she had to be drunk or really bad bicyclists.... Maybe suicidal... I'm glad the Vision is nimble enough for me to do the things I practice, but I'm getting tired of trying to prove I'm lucky or skillful... I can't ****in relax even in a town where I have a green light!!!
Ahhh, the joys of riding...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every pilot evaluates himself before proceeding to fly a plane. You must do the same.

Let me ask you this,"If you were rear-ended while sitting at a red light while in your car, would you consider giving up driving?"

Let your conscience be your guide.
I actually quit driving for about 4 years (rode in car service and limos only)because of a mechanical failure...

I'm just thinking this ****in vision is cursed.... Either that, the look of the space ship dazes people and make them lose their minds thinking they are about to be abducted .

It may be just my police training but I clear every intersection, even stale greens.

As for riding I ride very aggressive and Im always on guard. But if you ask my wife she'll tell you that's my normal condition regardless of what I'm doing or where I'm at.
I'm always looking for humans, the are the only species that always **** up others enjoyment...

I just couldn't believe I was no more than 20 feet from her when she decided to hook into the lane, and I swerved, she finished wobbling across the road like she didn't even notice me...

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I think you solve your own problems each of vent and you were able to compensate and they vacated each situation....Do you really want a less nimble capable motorcycle?

VB no fair you have advanced training...lol

·
Registered
865 Posts
'm always looking for humans, the are the only species that always **** up others enjoyment...
Oh I dunno about that. I know of a coyote and deer messing up two riders parties here in the last month.
Humans should know better though

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
You're certainly not alone.

Today going to work I'm coming to a T intersection. I'm in front and alone as I broke from the pack at the last light. About 150 yards from the intersection the light turns green and it should be all mine except two cars set up to take a left turn across my lanes but they are to yield. Well I notice the first car starts creeping out wide right as if he is in a big truck making a tight turn...he's not. He's in something like an older Cavalier. As I start to break the line of the intersection he starts a turn....a F'in U turn. Now any monkey could have made this turn in a roller skate of a car but not this special individual. Nope, he doesn't make it and blocks both lanes making me brake hard. I love the Vision brakes. I start yelling at this non English speaking person and was nice enough to use small universal words to make sure he understood. He then did a five point turn. I shot past him and went through the gears quick so that I was not caught in his next driving blunder.

• Winner
Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you solve your own problems each of vent and you were able to compensate and they vacated each situation....Do you really want a less nimble capable motorcycle?

VB no fair you have advanced training...lol
No, but, ~2 weeks with the vision (1 week actually riding it)

I think I need to remove the gremlin bell that came with it and get it blessed..

·
Registered
960 Posts
I feel you. I drive for a living, mostly in a big city in a small ford transit connect with a 4 cylinder. Put 1000-1500 lb of cargo in it, its not getting out of the way of anyone. I was rear ended late february and again in june. In both cases distracted drivers. I'm trying to have better eyes in the back of my head but it feels like I need 360 vision all around at the same time. Its either someone darting into my lane, coming up to fast on my butt, hitting the brakes. List goes on. I'm ocd so thats not helping me as my brain dwells on things. Almost 2 months lately I jump when I hear a horn, smack of someone's bad shock on suspension, squeal of a tire or bike. Have had this trapped feeling driving work vehicle. And it doesn't when you're in a panel vehicle with those double mirrors, things are closer than they appear.

So yeah I get it. Some days I don't even want to drive. Yet, I feel totally fine on my bike. Open visibility, instant power, smaller, more maneuverable. Feel safer than in a cage these days. Lol

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're certainly not alone.

Today going to work I'm coming to a T intersection. I'm in front and alone as I broke from the pack at the last light. About 150 yards from the intersection the light turns green and it should be all mine except two cars set up to take a left turn across my lanes but they are to yield. Well I notice the first car starts creeping out wide right as if he is in a big truck making a tight turn...he's not. He's in something like an older Cavalier. As I start to break the line of the intersection he starts a turn....a F'in U turn. Now any monkey could have made this turn in a roller skate of a car but not this special individual. Nope, he doesn't make it and blocks both lanes making me brake hard. I love the Vision brakes. I start yelling at this non English speaking person and was nice enough to use small universal words to make sure he understood. He then did a five point turn. I shot past him and went through the gears quick so that I was not caught in his next driving blunder.
It amazes me how many poor drivers there are. That vision headlight is pretty damn visible.

• Haha
Reactions: wvrider1

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
It amazes me how many poor drivers there are. That vision headlight is pretty damn visible.
I'm sure he saw me. He just didn't care.

That's one thing about the Vision I love. It's big and seems to be the most visible bike I've ridden. It's also the first bike that people will get out of the way of. I think they think it's a motor officer flying up behind them.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh I dunno about that. I know of a coyote and deer messing up two riders parties here in the last month.
Humans should know better though
Ya, pretty much what I mean, people, especially a cyclist should know better, I think she was wasted though, Im serious, she wobbled side to side, not a straight line... And the guy, atls I got to the light he said "oooh no", I weaved around using the opposing lane, I will admit, I kinda locked up and didn't hit horn, I was more wanting to get away from her without hitting her or her hitting me.... Braking at that moment would not have worked

I was traveling around 50 feet/sec and she was no more than 20 (most likely less) feet if that when she headed at me... My wife said everything was happening in slow motion..

It just made me head home..

I'm sure he saw me. He just didn't care.

That's one thing about the Vision I love. It's big and seems to be the most visible bike I've ridden. It's also the first bike that people will get out of the way of. I think they think it's a motor officer flying up behind them.
Lol, I haven't dealt with much traffic yet, I notice vehicles in opposing lane crossing fog line, including tractor trailers....

I know this thing is a highway slut, and Ive been on back roads with it .. only time I hit **** is stop signs, and stop lights

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes remove the Gramlin bell, it only works if someone gives you one you cannot buy it for yourself!
Ya I never buy em for myself, this one came with the bike... I got 4 of em, wife, daughter, and two sisters think I need em, kingpin has enough problems the gremlins leave it alone... I may need to put all 4 on this vision though...

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
After reading your other thread about your near Miss...

On my way home today I narrowly missed a head on with a SUV.

As the roads we're nearly dry and I had made my way to the country roads. I began to enjoying my ride. As I make my way around a very slight curve a large SUV comes into view already coming over the double yellow. I can only guess they were looking at their phone because they never even tried to steer away from me, pushing me only inches from the gulley.

Lately there has been someone wanting me to share my lane with them. One particular yahoo came right at me from an exit lane like I wasn't even there. With a twist of the throttle I was out of their way.

I have had more close call in the last 3 weeks then I've had in the last four years.

Stay on your toes Brothers.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.