VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 speed and oil level is correct.
I'll be doing a tune up with cleaning throttle body, wires, plugs, air filter, and the victory 4.5 oil change kit.
Just worried I do all that and foul up my air filter agin.
I got the bike used at 90k milage for 2.5k
Could there be anything else that would cause the issue?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Run your oil a little less. I’ve had that issue in the past on several bikes. When ever I’d run full amount of oil called for. I’d back off about 6 to 8 oz problem solved

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
The crank case breather vents oil vapors into the air box to be sucked into, and burned off by the engine. If you’re just a little bit over filled you’ll get a lot more vapors blown up there. Kinda messy, but not really a problem.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Re-route crankcase breather hose, stick one of the little K&N filters on it and block off where it used to go into your airbox. Just run the crankcase vent somewhere unobtrusive and put the little K&N filter some where so it will drip on the ground if it gets to saturated. Or run a catch can for it. Have done this on Harleys for years and all 3 Victorys. It's a lot easier with a better intake than stock. Your throttle body doesn't get fouled with the oil mist either. And yes, over filling will do it as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.