VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not meant to be a which oil is the best thread. I am getting ready to do a service on my Vision. I know that Victory has their own oil kit, but what I was wondering is if Mobil 1 V Twin oil is ok to use? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Lots of opinions,

Mine, Shell Rotella T5 semi synthetic 15w-40 with a wix (or napa gold) filter.

WW

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I am sure it's fine, but I wouldnt usr it.

If it makes your clutch slip.. Switch it out to a semi synthetic before you roast your clutch.

Some guys have had great luck with full synthetics.

Amsoil caused some clutch slippage with one one my cammed up XC's.

Switched it out with the T5 and it went away.

WW

·
Registered
43 Posts
the mobil v-twin oil doesnt have the jaso-ma cert

rotella t4 15w-40 does though

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Theoretically, it meets the standards set by the manufacturer, but keep in mind the posts above.

Victory had a short run sale on their oil kits at $25 each. I stocked up and should be good for about the first half of my bike's life expectancy! After that, I'll start a new thread asking what the latest and greatest oil is. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Unless something changed, it does. I run it in my M109R with a wet clutch. I checked the JASO rating before I used it.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Thanks, but is Mobil 1 V-Twin synthetic ok for these bikes?
I've used it for 50K miles in my CCT and it runs great. No clutch issues. It's made for wet clutches.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Thanks, but is Mobil 1 V-Twin synthetic ok for these bikes?
You tell me. Here's what your owners manual says.

Engine Oil Recommendation
Polaris Recommends the use of VICTORY brand Semi-Synthetic 20W-40 Motor Oil or
equivalent motorcycle oil that is approved for use in wet clutch transmissions (such as those
with a JASO MA rating)

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Font Material property

Font Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Drink

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Reactions: Known1

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
The Mobil 10/40 would be the better choice.
If you can get it ..... I would recommend Spectro Golden 20/40 semi synthetic. It is made for Victory’s and is used by our performance / tuning vendors as well as my self and other self respected members here. Great oil !

Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Poseidon,

That's not the Vtwin Mobil he is specifically inquiring about. Completely different oil.
I don't see any JASO rating:
https://m.autozone.com/motor-oil-an...t-sae-20w-50-v-twin-motorcycle-oil/153232_0_0
That being said. Doesn't mean it isnt ok for a wet clutch. Just that it didn't pass the JASO tests or they didn't choose to test it for certification.

WW
I missed the V-Twin part. I did find this on the mobil oil website tho. See red text below.

Mobil 1™ V-Twin 20W-50 synthetic motorcycle oil is formulated to help offer outstanding protection in four-cycle, V-Twin type engines - particularly those that are air-cooled and tend to run hotter than other types of engines.

Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 engine oil is designed to help provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch common engine/transmission systems.

The unique, synthetic structure of the Mobil 1™ motorcycle oil formulations offers advantages beyond conventional motorcycle oils of similar viscosities.

Please reference our Mobil 1™ Product Guide for a quick look at specifications including zinc and phosphorus, as well as manufacturer approvals for Mobil 1 motor oils.
If you click the "Mobil 1 product guide" link above, it looks like there is only one offering with the JASO MA rating, which is the one I posted the pictures of.

Reactions: Known1

·
Registered
17,938 Posts
I missed the V-Twin part. I did find this on the mobil oil website tho. See red text below.

If you click the "Mobil 1 product guide" link above, it looks like there is only one offering with the JASO MA rating, which is the one I posted the pictures of.
But is 10-40 recommended? From the manual as it may burn a bit....

Engine Oil Specifications

Polaris recommends the use of VICTORY Brand Synthetic Blend 20W-40 Motor Oil or an equivalent oil designed for use with wet clutches (such as those with a JASO MA rating

Smile Chin Jaw Sleeve Happy

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
But is 10-40 recommended? From the manual as it may burn a bit....

Engine Oil Specifications

Polaris recommends the use of VICTORY Brand Synthetic Blend 20W-40 Motor Oil or an equivalent oil designed for use with wet clutches (such as those with a JASO MA rating

View attachment 379833
No idea, and honestly... I don't care enough to look it up in the manual. I use the 10W-40 Mobil 1 racing 4T in my M109R. I use the Victory oil change kits for my Magnum. I'm good with what I use. Someone else can look it up.

Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
17,938 Posts
No idea, and honestly... I don't care enough to look it up in the manual. I use the 10W-40 Mobil 1 racing 4T in my M109R. I use the Victory oil change kits for my Magnum. I'm good with what I use. Someone else can look it up.
That was from the Op Manual and although probably wouldn't hurt may consume a bit was the point on a air-cooled. I too stocked up at 25 bucks and used one last week...

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts

rotella t4 15w-40 does though
You tell me. Here's what your owners manual says.

Engine Oil Recommendation
Polaris Recommends the use of VICTORY brand Semi-Synthetic 20W-40 Motor Oil or
equivalent motorcycle oil that is approved for use in wet clutch transmissions (such as those
with a JASO MA rating)
Victory oil doesn't have a jaso-ma ......

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.