Oil pressure switch oil leak. | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Oil pressure switch oil leak.

Discussion in 'Victory Octane' started by RangersLeadTheWay, May 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RangersLeadTheWay

RangersLeadTheWay New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Octane
    Today i started spitting oil. Not alot until i started moving. When i stopped at red lights i watched under the bike and in that short time there is probably about a quarter cup of oil under me, not from a stream but rather drips from where it leaked and built up. I initially started freaking thing i blew a gasket, or a seal somewhere. Got it home and needless to say i had oil all over the motor so it was hard to pinpoint start location. Once shes off the only leak is from the residual built up puddles and flows from when she was running. Cleaned the absolute F#@& outta her, put it up on the jack, fired her up and waited for oil to come outta seals. nothing, after about a minute or two of running i found my point of origin. the oil pressure switch where it connects to the sensor in the front started dripping then bubbling out of the front. ((( Now before someone starts spouting off about my maintenance or starts to tell me about upkeep, if there is one. most of the time theres at least one.))) I take extremely good care of my *****. enough said. My question is What the **** could have caused this... riding too hard, too long. I am in an MC so i ride alot and even though many say the octanes arent touring bikes, She tours. could it be the part just...failed. im asking because seriously i havent heard about anyone else with an octane have this happen. Is it an easy fix as simple as ordering and just replacing the switch. Or is it a big deal to the point its gonna get expensive. And yes i plan on taking her in for a check up. im posting because this issue straight up has me confused. any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    It's mechanical, parts fail in time. Put a new one in it and end the drama.

3. RangersLeadTheWay

RangersLeadTheWay New Member

Octane
    It's all good... I already fixed it. Put a new one on, just never heard of this happening to anyone with the octane yet..