VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a little oil half way down on the front side of the rear cylinder facing towards the front of the bike closet to the corner that I was looking from, it is not at the very bottom of the jug but appears that the head may have two parts, I saw this when I had the cheese wedge off adding the Lloyds fuel tuner and had just returned from a 5k ride out west, bike just topped 10k miles, so not a lot ask I didn’t expect to see oil. There is not a lot but enough for concern when I see any oil, it appeared as if I could just torque the head bolts and it might stop. The bike is a 2012 Victory Vision, however just looking at the engine, it didn’t appear this would be an easy task even to torque bolts, remover chrome tops etc and almost as if It would be best to remove the engine at a quick glance. Question is has anyone had this issue and was it possible to torque heads with the engine still in the bike or is more like you can live with it until decide to remove engine and fix?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
There have been a few issues with porous cylinders or heads. Also some cases of the breather hose under the fuel tank misting oil and dripping down on cylinders.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Noticed a little oil half way down on the front side of the rear cylinder facing towards the front of the bike closet to the corner that I was looking from, it is not at the very bottom of the jug but appears that the head may have two parts, I saw this when I had the cheese wedge off adding the Lloyds fuel tuner and had just returned from a 5k ride out west, bike just topped 10k miles, so not a lot ask I didn't expect to see oil. There is not a lot but enough for concern when I see any oil, it appeared as if I could just torque the head bolts and it might stop. The bike is a 2012 Victory Vision, however just looking at the engine, it didn't appear this would be an easy task even to torque bolts, remover chrome tops etc and almost as if It would be best to remove the engine at a quick glance. Question is has anyone had this issue and was it possible to torque heads with the engine still in the bike or is more like you can live with it until decide to remove engine and fix?
Is it possible the engine has too much oil, and your getting oil out of the crankcase breather tube?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
My 2013 XCT will mist oil after hard running, comes from the breather & is normal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok, will check in couple months and look for the breather tube, since didn't look for it.
Had a similar issue. Came down to having just a bit too much oil in the case. Used the Vic kit with 4 full and 1 1/2 quart. Removed enough oil where I'm now just a bit over the minimal line on the dipstick. No more drips from the top of the case and did not torque any head bolts.

Read these 2 threads....

http://www.thevog.net/threads/oil-leak-at-rear-valve-cover-2013-vision.24174/

http://www.thevog.net/threads/oil-breather-tube-leak.100601/

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks is posible, I changed before 5k ride and again when got back, haven’t riden since then and have the permanent K&N filter which I drain but of course in a hurry so just always add back 4.5gt. Will definitely check level and maybe reduce a little. Thxs. Ron

·
Registered
317 Posts
Noticed a little oil half way down on the front side of the rear cylinder facing towards the front of the bike closet to the corner that I was looking from, it is not at the very bottom of the jug but appears that the head may have two parts... Question is has anyone had this issue and was it possible to torque heads with the engine still in the bike or is more like you can live with it until decide to remove engine and fix?
Yes. My '14 started leaking oil from the front jug right where the lower cylinder meets the head, just below the exhaust port. In my case Polaris said it was a badly manufactured gasket that was not transferring heat properly, and therefore the mating surfaces had warped, allowing oil to seep through. Do a search, there's a LOT of bikes out there with this problem. Don't know if that's what you're experiencing, but in my case it was and was covered under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.