VOG Forum banner

Oil change

2364 14
I wanted to change my oil. I only have 2000 miles on the oil.Am I wasting money ,Or should I get 3000 miles on an oil change
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts

Do you need more help than this?

Since we have a lot of discussions on here about oils I decided to go to the Experts in this field, they put it to me this way.
On my Left you have 20W50 and on my Right you have 10W40. Now where you are locatedand how you ride you might only just use one, like if you are froma North or Southern Region.
Also if you are an extreme rider as some of you are and like to push your ride to the limityou just might have a use for both.
Now both are a Full Synthetic with a JASO-MA rating and are good to go, even if you have a wet clutch.
I hope this makes it easier for those of you who can't decide which oil to use.

Try Amsoil and see the results for yourself.
Note: I use Victorys 20W-40 Semi-Synthetic with equally good results my self.

(OneThumb)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
On my trip this summer I ended up near 3000 miles on a change and definately noticed an increase in noise coming from the tranny. I do try to get the change done at 2500-2600 miles.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Oh OT, you bring up something that doesnt apply. That was only for 2008's and it still stands I talk to my factory contact and they still stand behind the 5000 miles oil change intervals for the 08....

·
Registered
55 Posts

WOW, I wonder how the Rocket 111 gets away with 10000 mile oil changes.
I didn't realize the difference from air to water cooled. The shear forces on the Vic. trans.shouldn't be any more than the rocket. The rocket does hold almost a qrt more oil that may stretch the service a hair but 10000 miles? Wonder if the fibers from clutch ware go through the motor or does the filter get them all.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Oh OT, you bring up something that doesnt apply. That was only for 2008's and it still stands I talk to my factory contact and they still stand behind the 5000 miles oil change intervals for the 08....
Oh, I don't know about that, I don't know of any changes from the 08's to the 09's other than what's printed in the manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.