VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New on here so be kind lol. I'm about to do a service soon and just need some advice. I have been told I should only use Victory oil, is this true? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
Yes, Victory oil is the best and the only oil that should go in your bike.

:FIREdevil::FIREdevil::FIREdevil::FIREdevil::FIREdevil::FIREdevil:

Im joking so everybody calm down.

Use the search bar here and you'll find about a million oil threads.

I do personally use the Vic kits.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
The Victory sludge works ok but if you want something just as good / better for a lot less $ use Shell Rotella T-6 and a Wix 51356 filter. Skip the pump just pull the plug when warm. Make sure the allen tool is driven all the way into plug before loosening and torque it tight or just snug by hand so you don't strip the threads. Get yourself half a dozen crush washers at the auto parts store. A piece of cake.

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
Usually at this time of year I switch to peanut oil but I didn't fry a turkey this year.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Look at similar threads below

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
The following oils were developed with Victory in mind
Victory oil 20/40
Amsoil 20/40
Spectro Golden 20/40
Klotz 20/40

Otherwise a wet clutch compatible motorcycle oil some listed with Jaso MA /MA2 rating will be fine.
From 10/40 to 20/40 to 20/50 should be used
In a Victory Freedom 106

Ok ready ....... set ............ go !

• Winner
Reactions: CPT PYRO and FoFo

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
:banghead:

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Slippery thread this one! :angel4:

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
Let us know when changing tires :rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
12,831 Posts

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Stop doing that. You'll wind up with a horrible headache ! It's just an oil thread and you know you love them ............:aktion086:

• Haha
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Let us know when changing tires :rofl3::rofl3:
Tire threads are not nearly as good as oil threads.
Besides everyone knows Avon is the way to go. Just ask a Britt.

• Winner
Reactions: IM12STPN

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I came to late, I got nothing.

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Welcome to the VOG Steve. By now you probably know we all love oil threads because they can generate plenty of disagreements. I am in the camp of buying "x"W40 oil rated JASO MA2. In case you have trouble finding a new crush washer, the one for a Goldwing fits. I do have a reusable stainless steel oil filter but can't say that is a cost effective solution since they cost so much to buy and the WIX disposable filters are so cheap. I did it for other reasons such as low temperature oil flow rate. I ride year around here in Illinois and my engine is sometimes cold when I want to ride. I do ride down to about 20F.

Reactions: CPT PYRO
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.