VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the vic oil kit and it comes with 2 copper washers and an O -ring which there wasnt any of this wheni took out the drain plug and theres nothing on the old filter....??? it also says to lube the o ring on the new filter and make sure its set in its place but there is nothing i can see that uses any of this stuff so far!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Tho only washer you need is the small copper one that goes on the drain plug. The other ones are for older modle vic's. Just make sure theold one is not stuck to the pan. Mine ended up in the drain pail and I found it when dumping the old oil. Also for the oil use 4 quarts, check the oil and top up as necessary. You need 4.5 quarts max if you are able to get all the oil out and make sure the bike is on the side stand while doing the oil change.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

bored76 said:
Tho only washer you need is the small copper one that goes on the drain plug. The other ones are for older modle vic's. Just make sure theold one is not stuck to the pan. Mine ended up in the drain pail and I found it when dumping the old oil. Also for the oil use 4 quarts, check the oil and top up as necessary. You need 4.5 quarts max if you are able to get all the oil out and make sure the bike is on the side stand while doing the oil change.
And don't forget to lube the rubber O ring on the filter before the install.
Check the oil withbike on the level.
OT

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Not to be a nit picker but as stated these moters use approx 4.5 liters of oil or as a liter is very very close to a quart (tiny bit more) Its about the same!
In any case , They will not take a full 4 quarts / liters as the oil cooler does not drian. Making refilling a bit of a guess.
poptop

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Yes, lube the ring!! :)

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Put 4 Qt's in 1st. Start the motor run for a minute then shut her down. With the bike level ground (straight up) let her drain back down and check the level in a few minutes. Add your oil from there a little at a time till you reach the proper level on the dip stick.
Just an FYI for anyone wondering. I know you all know this !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.