Oh My, I am in Love | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Oh My, I am in Love

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Flyboy, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Boardwalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    i was 4 when the first corvette rolled off the assembly line...i have always wanted one but they have always been not just out of reach, but over the horizon for this old Marine...the pitch man used the phrase "tantalizingly affordable"...right...zing of the royal court of Arthur...

3. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    problem will be dealer markup. Some are more than 30K over invoice. If I could get one on MSRP I would but that's impossible.

4. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    I had a 1986 Corvette black, beautiful car but the tickets were starting to get expensive!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    This first gen will be like the Ford GT’s and sky rocket at Mecum / Barrett J auctions, then the Z06 will become a hybrid awd like the R e’s , lambo’s & porsha’s ( fancy smamcy VW’s ) and become $500 k after wealthy right hand drives of world embrace the “merican” bada$$

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Gentlemen it is known as the working man’s sports-car and the prices of new ones are about as much as a tricked out Pick-up... I wouldn’t ever pay over MSRP as I can wait.

Buy em a couple years old and get a deal. I have had people tell me they wanted a Victory, but they were too expensive. Now we know that ain’t quite true, Shop around....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Will do like 04-06 Ford GT’s and prices will go sky high, it may have originally been for the working man but that man has now become the youtubes rich. Man It is so freakin cool though

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Right now though? I think they'll be sky high. My brother works in auto sales. They recently sold a new Mustang GT500 for $30k over sight unseen to a guy in Cali. With the chip issue slowing delivery auto sales are going to be crazy for the next good bit.

It's like the Jeep Wrangler 392. It's supposed to be $75-80K but most I've seen are over six figures.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    Just can’t get into the new generation corvette. Just doesn’t work for me at all. Last gen barely worked either. I don’t know just don’t say I’m a corvette anymore. I’ve had 3 in my lifetime barely drove them due to the bike. Last one was a 2001 drop top put 2500 miles on it in 5 years LOL drove it to dinner in the summer when it rained and I couldn’t take the bike. 54 to 66 my favorites even up to 82 not bad. But whatever works for you as I always say !

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gossamer

Gossamer Well-Known Member

Victory Cross Country Tour
    I actually like the new Vettes, I dont like the fact that you can't get em without paying an insane markup or ordering one and hoping to get in 18 months.

Than again I've been looking for a new car to replace my aging 2005 but once again, not going to pay full sticker or above with 'market adjustment' some dealers are charging.

I will wait.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Deltaflash

Deltaflash Well-Known Member

Vision, Vrod, Vstrom
    My cousin ordered his new Vet many months ago and got it for sticker price. Before it was delivered a few weeks ago, the dealership offered to buy it back from him at $40k more than he paid for it.

The rich dumb bastard turned them down.....LOL

I am gonna go see him in about six weeks and he says I can take it for a spin. I am looking forward to it. Should be fun. :cop2:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    I have a friend of that did just that sold it back after taking a couple trips and bought a Tesla (Yuk) but the fast buck was too tempting...

I did get to drive his though and it was pretty nice, but reaaly did not impress me enough to trade in the C-7 Z06. But that new Z06, has me pondering at the C-4 going up for sale for the garage space...

13. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    We have a 1991...BLACK of course. Fun to drive BUT wish wife would let me put in an updated CRATE MOTOR...and B&M trans:dance:

14. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Yeah the C-4 is an undervalued vehicle as it brought in an improvement for the Track. The Clam-shell Hoods allowed easy access to the engine bay and the TPI engine looked awesome with Aluminum Heads and roller push-rods trying to regain that horsepower lost during the great exhaust gas recycle that robbed us of hundreds of horsepower and mileage loss...

I look at my 87 that came with only 245 hp of which I have up around 10% with air and exhaust mods, she is a torquey Girl though and fun to drive. Next to her is that fire breathing 650 hp and the same in torque and realize how far they came in thirty years despite the Green Weenies wanting everyone to drive a Prius, as they both get over 25 mpg. I bet they leave a smaller "Carbon Footprint".

Did change the interior with Rosewood as my God they were terrible till recently and I think the 91 had a redo from the electronic digital dash before its time, with the 85 mph top of scale...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    @Flyboy ...CORRECTION....typed that before coffee...."1981" sorry:biggrin:

Two of the best changes, and wife didn't *****...put BF GOODRICH tires on, man smoooooth AND great GRIP wet/dry. PLUS better sway bars, with urethane not rubber, and gas shocks. Curves I use to go around on way to work I could look at front and see NO dip after.:dance:
    One missap I did...NOTE ONE...I had speed control set, an area on way to work known for cops. I applied breaks going into 15mph curve, disconnecting cruise, WELL...about half way thru, maybe less, my dumbA$$ hit RESUME....MAN what experience that was, almost like riding Dragon Tail with CCT...can do faster on that then VEGAS.:angel4:...PROOF positive changes I made worked:drive1:

• Funny Funny x 1