VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted a Vette. Now that I have reached the age and station in life to afford one, which one? Looking at 05-2013 C-6 or even a C7. I fell for this at a dealership recently and tried it on for size. Surprisingly the insurance cost is very reasonable. Really a sucker for the blue pearl color but this matches my Vic and PU.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have always wanted a Vette. Now that I have reached the age and station in life to afford one, which one? Looking at 05-2013 C-6 or even a C7. I fell for this at a dealership recently and tried it on for size. Surprisingly the insurance cost is very reasonable. Really a sucker for the blue pearl color but this matches my Vic and PU.

View attachment 338393
Beautiful. Remember though, red cars get the most tickets. Seriously

·
Registered
560 Posts
Love the C7, I do caution that buy in and insurance isn't bad for what you are getting but please do yourself a favor and check out what the regular maintenance items cost. I was once told one rear tire was edging towards $400.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Love the C7, I do caution that buy in and insurance isn't bad for what you are getting but please do yourself a favor and check out what the regular maintenance items cost. I was once told one rear tire was edging towards $400.
If you can't afford the tires, don't buy the vehicle. Whatever vehicle it is. Bugatti Veyron is the best example

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My wife says as soon as am I mature enough for one I can get one, I am 49 now so it might a while if ever. I still ride my bike 90+MPH everyday, getting a Vette would be very bad for me.

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts

View attachment 338393
BLACK goes with any color :dance:

• Haha
Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surprised to hear about the maintenance. Being a Chevvy cheaper certainly must be cheaper than a euro model to maintain?

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Just get it, you will be glad you did.............from a longtime Vette owner am on my fourth. I have a built out C4 that dyno's 369 at the wheels and haven't had to put anything other than brakes, tires and oil changes for years. My collector's car insurance policy runs less than $300 per year with an agreed upon value of $23k. Same reliability with my last one that was a 82 Stingray. I have Vettes for over 25 years and have never had anything out of the ordinary in the way of maintenance costs, if fact the opposite is more true on every one I have owned. The cost of ownership has been very low because of the way they hold value. I have never taken the first hit on one though. I always bought low mileage used ......

·
Registered
960 Posts
Surprised to hear about the maintenance. Being a Chevvy cheaper certainly must be cheaper than a euro model to maintain?
Thats what I woulda thunk. Only thing really different the fiberglass right? Ps..if I was in the market for a vette my druthers is old school. Like a 56. I have seen some really pretty new ones though. Never really dug the body styles post the 50s & 60s. A really nice camara ss from the 60s for some reason turns my head a lot more than any 70s up vette

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
OK! I just have to chime in here about the colour thing..... Everyone knows red cars go faster as do black bikes.... Red is the colour for any car if you want fastness and black is the colour for any bike if you want fastness... Now if you looking for reliability and all that sort of stuff, then it won't matter what colour you have.... :angel4:
Gas Font Event Tree Darkness

• Haha
Reactions: bobcat52

·
Registered
691 Posts

View attachment 338393
Get it. I loved my C5 Z06 and miss it all the time.

It used to cost me about $1400 to put tires all the way around and they only lasted 10-12K miles. Every time it went to the dealer it was at least $1-2000 in repairs. Still loved it. Still regret that I had to sell it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Vette has the lowest cost of ownership of exotic cars. PLUS any Chevy dealer can do maintenance

Reactions: SemperVee

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I have always loved Corvettes. My favorite matchbox car when I was a kid was a dark green 71 corvette. My dad had a blue 82 that I got to drive occasionally once I got my license. I've owned 2 C4's, both 1995s. The first one I bought brand new in Feb 1997 (right after the C5's hit the dealerships). Got an unbelievable deal on it. A lady at work backed into it and it was never right after that. I ended up selling it and bought another (barely used) 1995 at a great price. I had it for several years. Ended up selling it when I got divorced. I'll have another one some day.

Maintenance cost wasn't that bad, but I did everything myself. Rear tires were expensive tho. If I remember correctly, they were $250 - $300 back then.

I was at the dealership a couple of months ago and absolulely love the look of this one.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Hood

The HP junky in me liked the white Z06 convertible they had inside the showroom better tho!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Just do it. I still miss my 98' C5. It was nothing fancy as Vette's go but it was reliable as heck and rode like a dream for a sports car. Tires? Yeah; about $1200 for new baby shoes all around. The ones that were on mine lasted as long as I had the car (about 3 years) and I drove it regularly. Even took it on a 3 week road trip one time.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

These are daily drivers for a lot of people. They are that nice to drive. I did find a technique to get in and out of it easily too.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's not a vette, but I have this now:
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

It's not the vette. Maybe it's me pining for my lost love. It's a LOT cheaper to keep up and is far more comfortable than the Z06 was. Then again, it was never about comfort in the Z. I miss my HUD.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.