Official Polaris Closing Down Victory Mega Thread | Page 32 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Official Polaris Closing Down Victory Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CrossBuck, Jun 7, 2017.

1. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Several dealers online sell parts.

Victoryparts.net
    Partspitstop
    Victorypartspro

You can also find used parts through Facebook sale groups and eBay.

If you find something you like on witch doctors search the part number online you'll probably find it somewhere else for less.

• Like Like x 1
  2. John G

John G Active Member

Victory Vegas 8 ball
    For what it’s worth, I too, had a serious moment when I was thinking about buying a 1200 FTR. I even scheduled a test ride. Then, like others on this thread, I went home and looked at my Vegas 8 ball and went, “No way I’d put money in those bastards’ pockets!”

As to some other points made, political and apolitical, there are going to be more small business shutdowns. Those who managed to survive the past year may not make it through this one. Hell, even some large companies won’t. It’’s no particular political group’s issue. It’s simply what happens when the bottom drops out of the world economy as we knew it.

No matter what party you support, very little could have been done to change the place we are in right now. At least though, the motorcycle industry seems to be doing well!

I’ve been buying my Vic parts online from Victory, or from the other online dealers there are out there. I don’t plan on selling my bike. I’m 70 and figure my riding days may be starting to diminish. I figure my old girl will last me to the end of my riding days. I don’t expect anything major to go wrong with her. They are pretty bullet proof.

Time will tell eh?

I would love to have someone else buy he Victory Marque, but that’s a pipe dream I know.

Hang in there folks, and ride em like you stole em!
    Cheers
    John

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kevinironside

Kevinironside Active Member

2006 Victory KingPin
    I use OEM Parts : Don Wood Victory
    The parts are cheaper when you put them in cart.
    Usually if it says $57 once in cart it will be $10 cheaper.
    Other then that Facebook.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Nice write up, but depressing. Still keeping mine!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    I pulled up to the local HD Boutique Saturday to meet up for a ride with some brethren. When I walked in a small group of sales staff was standing there looking out the double glass doors. The oldest member 60’s said Very nice Victory. I thanked him. The youngest of the group. All tatted up and cocky says “ what are you riding now “ LMFAO.
    Me….
    “They trained you good “ …… The other members couldn’t stop laughing. Lol.
    Seems that’s the first page in the training manual of HD sales 101. Ask what they’re riding then try and degrade it nicely while you make them feel inadequate and less of a biker because they’re not on a Harley. The bike got many stares and a few nice comments from those who are in the know.
    I am seeing more and more easily now who the posers are and who those are that appreciate what some ride and love.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    @slickvic I would’ve looked at him and laughed with stop it I’ve been doing this $hit longer then you’ve been around kid. I’m with you tho Vic good answer

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I like your answer as well. Gonna have to use it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NY mike

Because your finally old enough to use ;):D

10. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Yes. Definitely there. I find my self riding less these days but when I do ride it’s about the ride and not all the same old stops along the loop that the group gets stuck on. Cooler weather is approaching. The summer heat this year along with a good dose of Covid killed my summer riding especially at night (When it’s the most pleasant). Too tired when I get home from work from the heat. I look at Arizona weather a lot and see so many sunny days with little to no chance of rain. Your cooler weather has to be amazing for riding.

11. NY mike

@slickvic funny you mentioned same old stops along the loop. LOL same back home for most the local riders. My Brother and I named it the Bermuda Triangle. They could never get out of it. 3 stops 50 miles at best just use to amaze us. Same thing over and over for years LOL I gotta tell you Slick I’ll be here a year Oct 3rd and no BS I’ve not seen the sun 3 days since I’ve landed. And lookin at a bit over 30g in a year. But hey it’s why I’m here. Won’t be much longer and heat will be settling down. Hell I just rolled in at 102 and that’s not bad at all here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    When you say “you’ve not seen the sun 3 days since you’ve been here “ does that mean only 3 cloudy days ? Cause every time I open my weather app I get this for Sedona. 535CC7FF-DC49-4608-9CC9-6B78962767D6.png

13. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Where are you Mike in Arizona. What’s the year round weather like ? Wondering mostly about the winter months.

14. NY mike

LOL I meant all but 3 days I have not seen the sun. I can count on both hands how many times it’s rained even thru Monsoon season. I’m in Goodyear way south of Sadonna about 125 miles or so. Sadonna is very pricey 3 to 400g don’t get you a bunch up there. I’m 25 miles west of Phoenix. Winters here are great I rode all winter. December is the coldest month it seems 60 to 65 about the daily norm some 70ish. Mornings can be chilly I saw a few mornings just below 40. But once the suns up it warms quickly. I noticed most out here park December January and summers. As I’ve said I’m up early so I ride about everyday I’m off all summer and I stay ahead of the heat. I actually just rolled in it’s about 11 and it’s 97. But that’s very comfortable at 20% humidity. About 180 miles for Breakfast but I’m gone by 6:30. Summer was easier to get thru then I imagined honestly. But last summer was 2nd hottest ever. 53 days 110 and up that’s rough. This year was they say a normal one. Maybe 12 days 110 and up. But Vic as they say it’s the low humidity that’s makes the heat so much more tolerable. Hey and my bones feel great too ! Winter as far as I’m concerned- what winter ! In my opinion 8 solid months of great riding. Then summer 4 months of playing the heat game. Out and in before 11 to 12 or night riding which I kinda gave up a few years back.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    ^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^

• Like Like x 1