Official Polaris Closing Down Victory Mega Thread | Page 31 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Official Polaris Closing Down Victory Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CrossBuck, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    Bu
    Buy an Indian...? NEVER !!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    Heck...I “almost” fell for the FTR1200. I “almost” bought a new Polaris snowmobile. But then saw my 2 Victorys sitting in the shop, tucked away for a sunny day, and I remembered what Polaris did. So, I went out and bought an MV Agusta F4. And then, I put an aftermarket rear suspension in my Yamaha Nytro. I’m much happier with my decision. Polaris will never get another dime from me!

• Like Like x 2
  3. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Yes yes ..... this is good. !!!!! Let it all out ! Get it off your chest ! Not one more dime !!!! Nothing !!!! Nada ! Zilch .......
    I’m not happy with the decisions and the lies either but for fuk sake we’re surrounded by them. Just look at the government !
    My thinking is for the American worker that’s employed by Polaris. While I personally will try not to spend money with Polaris the other 1/2 of me wants them to succeed! For the employees. I felt for the people that worked for Victory when they got the news more than anyone else. Yes some had security in other divisions at Polaris but many did not.
    Anyway that’s life and I still have 2 Victory’s that will always be mine. They can’t take that from us.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    Victory was exciting. It was new. It was a young, upstart company with a clean slate. It could’ve gone in ALL directions. Cruisers, bar-hoppers, unique & stylish touring bikes. Hell, they could’ve offered the FTR, an adventure bike, a sport - touring bike, a sport bike. And, with a name like VICTORY, even dirt bikes and the Slingshot could’ve flown under the banner name. That new name didn’t pigeon-hole the company....

• Like Like x 1
  5. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Every company I spend money at not named Polaris also has employees. What about them?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    And what about Mike Song? Where did he go...?

7. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Point taken. My friend owns a manufacturing business. Prosthetics. He laid off 70 employees last week. He’s depressed. No contracts ? Letting people go ? He’s an American company. Who got the contracts. This since Biden took office. IDK man. Things are back to normal I guess ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    As long as you're going to throw out accusations it would be nice if you found out the facts that led to your buddies business collapse in the two weeks under Biden and let us know.

9. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    That’s all I have is accusations. I don’t wanna get into his business and he did not lend any more information. For all I know it was totally his screwup but we’re talking about American companies in general and about the American workers that have already lost jobs. I won’t turn this into a political thread because I’m just no good at it. I’m just an old biker guy that likes to throw out accusations. If anything it gets people talking and thinking?

• Like Like x 3
  10. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    We all want to support workers. Fundamental to the American ideal of capitalism though is the consumer wins in a competitive marketplace. Doesn’t matter if it’s prosthetics or motorcycles, if you want to win you gotta compete. And I agree that politics should be left out of it, blaming any president on either side for winners and losers in the marketplace is not productive. I’ve met, hung out with, partied with several of the plant workers that built Victory motorcycles. I don’t want them unemployed. But that’s not enough reason to socialize the marketplace. The only way capitalism works is when Polaris gives me what I want, I reward them with a purchase. When they don’t, I take my dollars elsewhere.

On another note, some of the best changes to happen in my life came after I was unemployed against my will. My labor is also a commodity in a competitive marketplace. Lose a job, go get a better one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I also hope things are and do get back to normal. But I think we’re still down about 10 million jobs since the pandemic started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. skipbarberman

skipbarberman Active Member

Hammer
    Settle down....time will tell. No one can deny the economic contraction, regardless of who's sitting behind 'the big oak desk'.

I, too, am a fan of capitalism and rewarding companies who take risks and provide what the consumer wants, by opening my wallet. I want us to get back to individual responsibility and stop thinking like 'the masses', and playing everything safe. Calculated risk is what drives innovation and success; not the mass socialization of the design concepts in new motorcycles, or, in a global business economy.

13. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    And then there’s the cheapest bidder or here’s on for you ..... you just gotta know the right people. Give me a break. We e been in trouble since Vietnam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. skipbarberman

skipbarberman Active Member

Hammer
    Exactly....that's why you change the spec. Victory had factory Brembos....not many manufacturers do that outside of Italy. I've worked with them(Brembo), Tokico, Nissin.....and while Nissin offers an excellent product, they don't innovate like Brembo did/does. They have historically stayed just behind the curve, letting others take the risk with innovation, and provide a great product at a competitive price. Just different business philosophies.

Tires are the example I often use....most tires on most new vehicles these days suck....mid-pack at best. It causes companies like Michelin, who make a great product IMHO, to have trouble competing for that OEM market, and often only appear from the factory on luxury brands or high-end models. The R&D on a premium tire often gets re-used to a mid-line OEM tire.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Redbeardedgoon

Redbeardedgoon New Member

2014 Custom victory Highball Bagger
    So where is everyone going to for parts? I’ve been relying on buywitchdoctors.com