Official Polaris Closing Down Victory Mega Thread | Page 26 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Official Polaris Closing Down Victory Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CrossBuck, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    @Gossamer I take it that you have none of the original registration material. Was the tag you have issued when you got a new tag every time you renewed the registration, or does it have the year sticker on it? Also, have you inquired as to what the SOP is for the DMV to issue a "Lost Title"?

2. Gossamer

Gossamer Well-Known Member

Victory Cross Country Tour

because the bike was last registered in 1977 and the original paperwork has long since gone missing the DMV's only option is to offer me a bonded title due to the fact a way's back they wiped out all vehicles that had not been registered in the previous 5 years. I've spoken with several different divisions up to and including archives, sent them pictures of the plates, serial tag etc.

No option but an insured title(surety bond).

I was just commenting on how they cashed the check for everything, then a week+ later send me an email saying they're missing information needed to send me the value I need to get the vehicle bonded for.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    @Gossamer The Wisconsin law covering titling of the vehicle:

342.06  Application for certificate of title.
    342.06(1)(1)An application for a certificate of title shall be made to the department upon a form or in an automated format prescribed by it and shall be accompanied by the required fee and any applicable taxes. Information obtained by the department under this subsection shall be provided to the department of revenue for the purposes of administering state taxes and collecting debt. Each application for certificate of title shall include the following information:
    342.06 Note NOTE: Sub. (1) (intro.) is affected by
    2005 Wis. Acts 25 and 59. The 2 treatments are mutually inconsistent. Sub. (1) (intro.) is shown as affected by the last enacted act, 2005 Wis. Act 59. As affected by 2005 Wis. Act 25, it reads:
    Effective date text (1) An application for a certificate of title shall be made to the department upon a form or in an automated format prescribed by it and shall be accompanied by the required fee and any applicable taxes. The department shall provide the information it obtains under this subsection to the department of revenue for the sole purpose of administering state taxes. Each application for certificate of title shall include the following information:

342.06(1)(a)(a) The name and address of the owner.
    342.06(1)(b)(b) A description of the vehicle, including make, identification number and any other information or documentation that the department may reasonably require for proper identification of the vehicle or for determination of the mileage of the vehicle as disclosed by prior transferors.
    342.06(1)(c)(c) The date of purchase by the applicant, the name and address of the person from whom the vehicle was acquired and the names and addresses of any secured parties in the order of their priority.
    342.06(1)(d)(d) If the vehicle is a new vehicle being registered for the first time, the signature of a dealer authorized to sell that new vehicle, the total of the number of tires normally used on the vehicle during its operation on the highways plus the number of any spare tires with which the vehicle is normally equipped and the manufacturer's document of origin. The document of origin shall contain the information specified by the department.
    342.06(1)(e)(e) Any further evidence of ownership which may reasonably be required by the department to enable it to determine whether the owner is entitled to a certificate of title and the existence or nonexistence of security interests in the vehicle.
    342.06(1)(eg)(eg) Except as provided in par. (eh), if the applicant is an individual, the social security number of the applicant. The department of transportation may not disclose a social security number obtained under this paragraph to any person except to the department of children and families for the sole purpose of administering s. 49.22, to the department of workforce development for the sole purpose of enforcing or administering s. 108.22, to the department of revenue for the purposes of administering state taxes and collecting debt, and to the elections commission for the sole purpose of allowing the chief election officer to comply with the terms of the agreement under s. 6.36 (1) (ae).
    342.06(1)(eh)(eh) If the applicant does not have a social security number, a statement made or subscribed under oath or affirmation that the applicant does not have a social security number. The form of the statement shall be prescribed by the department of children and families. A certificate of title that is issued in reliance on a statement submitted under this paragraph is invalid if the statement is false.
    342.06(1)(em)(em) Any further evidence which may reasonably be required by the department to enable it to determine whether any of the information specified in s. 342.10 (3) (c) to (h) may be applicable to the vehicle.
    342.06(1)(f)(f) If the identification number of the vehicle has been removed, obliterated or altered, or if the original casting has been replaced, or if the vehicle has not been numbered by the manufacturer, the application for certificate of title shall so state. If the identification number of the vehicle was originally based on an engine number and the engine number is no longer pertinent to the vehicle because of subsequent engine changes and no other manufacturer's identification number, chassis number or serial number exists, the department shall assign a new identification number for the vehicle under s. 342.30 (1m).
    342.06(1)(g)(g) If the vehicle is a used motor vehicle which was last previously registered in another jurisdiction, the applicant shall furnish any certificate of ownership issued by the other jurisdiction and a statement pertaining to the title history and ownership of such motor vehicle, such statement to be in the form the department prescribes.
    342.06(1)(h)(h) If the applicant for certificate of title for a motor vehicle intends to utilize that vehicle as a taxicab or for public transportation, the applicant shall state that fact in the application. If the applicant knows that the vehicle has previously been used as a taxicab or for public transportation and that fact is not noted on the old certificate of title, the applicant shall state in the application that the vehicle has previously been so used.
    342.06(1)(hm)(hm) If the applicant for certificate of title for a motor vehicle intends to utilize that vehicle as a police vehicle by a law enforcement agency, the applicant shall state that fact in the application. If the applicant knows that the vehicle has previously been used as a police vehicle by a law enforcement agency and that fact is not noted on the old certificate of title, the applicant shall state in the application that the vehicle has previously been so used.
    342.06(1)(hr)(hr) If the vehicle is less than 7 years old, is damaged by collision or other occurrence to the extent that the estimated or actual cost, whichever is greater, of repairing the vehicle exceeds 30 percent of its fair market value and was transferred to an insurer upon payment of an insurance claim, the insurer shall state that fact in the application. If the applicant knows that the vehicle had been transferred to an insurer upon payment of an insurance claim and that fact is not noted on the old certificate of title, the applicant shall state in the application that the vehicle has previously been so transferred. This paragraph does not apply to salvage vehicles.
    342.06(1)(i)(i) The information required under s. 85.103 (2).
    342.06(1)(j)(j) For a motor vehicle of a model year less than 10 years old, the certificate of title of the person transferring the title to the applicant or, if applicable, the manufacturer's document of origin; the mileage disclosure statement required under s. 342.155 (1); and, if applicable, the power of attorney required under 15 USC 1988 or rules of the department.
    342.06(1)(k)(k) If the vehicle is an automobile, station wagon or motor truck having a registered weight of 8,000 pounds or less and a temporary operation plate has been issued for the vehicle under s. 341.09 (2m) (a) 1. b. or 2., the registration number of the temporary operation plate.
    342.06(1m)(1m)On the form or in the automated format for application for a certificate of title, the department may show the fee under s. 342.14 (3m) separately from the fee under s. 342.14 (1) or (3).
    342.06(2)(2)Any person who knowingly makes a false statement in an application for a certificate of title is guilty of a Class H felony.
    342.06(3)(3)Any person intending to use a vehicle as a taxicab or for public transportation who fails to state such intent in the application for certificate of title or any person who fails to furnish any other information required by sub. (1) (h) may be required to forfeit not more than $1,000.

Section 342.06(1)(g)(g) seems to be what is applicable in your case. The evidence of ownership you need will mostly require some certified legal documentation. If you have the vehicle through inheritance, you will need to get signed affidavits from all inheritors signifying their acknowledgement and release of claim to the bike. Since this was agreed upon by others in your family, then this shouldn't be a huge hurdle. The affidavits will need to be witnessed by a non-involved party. You can then petition a court to issue a judgement of possession for you based on the affidavits. This would be all you need, other than a declaration of value that you can get from any motorcycle dealership that sees the bike.

4. theshank

theshank Active Member

2015 highball
    I think he was honest and making sure I didn’t go down the wrong path.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    So it’s been three years now. Yep, Polaris can still lick my balls. I also add anyone who thinks I need to get over it to the list of those who can lick my balls :)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Known1

Known1 Well-Known Member

2013 Cross Country Tour
    Yeah, it still stings without a doubt and will continue to do so for years to come. I know they say time heals all wounds. However the Victory brand was murdered, not wounded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Magnum 2013 Suzuki M109R.... 2017 Kawasaki Concours
    Hate to be the one to break it to you, but you probably have a better chance of licking your own balls. Just saying...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    If you hate to be the one to break it to me, then why did you do what you hate to do? And thanks for establishing that you’re just saying what you just said.

FWIW if I could lick my own balls, I wouldn’t be online posting here.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. KeepRidin!

KeepRidin! Well-Known Member

2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot
    3 years and the idiots still make the Slingshot.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. poptop

poptop Well-Known Member

09 Black Kingpin Prem rpw Thor 2 into 1. cams and ajustable timing wheel S+S intake and flash

Well you old bugger I won,t lick your balls bbut Id have a beer with ya!
    Hope you folks out there are doing good !
    Hi to all andd take good care

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    Ok I don't know which is funnier: What you wrote or the visual it depicts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. 1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66 Active Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    You mean I can not by Victory oil anymore, any suggestions?

13. pella cholla

pella cholla Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    :bigpop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Known1

Known1 Well-Known Member

2013 Cross Country Tour
    Sure you can, I just bought 4 kits off of Amazon. I got two of the kits for $56 because the boxes had some damage and were repaired with packing tape. I wish I had bought 20 kits back when they were blowing them out instead of just 8.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I thought about doing just that, but then I thought, “screw that company, they can lick my balls”. So I spent the money on a K&P reusable filter instead (and it’s really cool too) and now I just buy Spector or amsoil or lots of other choices.

Oil thread ACTIVATE! Lol.

• Winner Winner x 1