VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Really surprised that they are sticking with the air-cooled engine. I kinda like it but it's not my style so probably wouldn't ever own one.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really surprised that they are sticking with the air-cooled engine. I kinda like it but it's not my style so probably wouldn't ever own one.
The flat opposed boxer engines are very simple to maintain and work on and are very smooth at cruising speeds. They also provide a whole lot more engine character than a Honda Goldwing. Much more comfortable to ride too than a Goldwing too.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Yeah, I get that. But it's air-cooled. Water-cooling is where it's at, this thing's so 2000s.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I get that. But it's air-cooled. Water-cooling is where it's at, this thing's so 2000s.
I had a 1975 750 BMW boxer with 69,000 miles on it and my BMW friend had a 106,000 miles on this 1970 BMW boxer. The lots older BMW boxers have got close to 200,000 miles on them and some have over 200,000 miles on the. With both cylinders out in the wind, this really dissipates heat. An engine like this is so much cheaper to maintain and work than a water cooler engine like the Indian Challenger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.