VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have a 2014 Highball with the X-bow exhaust system on it (bought in the UK) and will be moving to sunny Spain in a few months. As part of getting the bike registered in Spain, it seems the inspections procedure will involve emissions and noise tests. Therefore, to avoid any headaches, I'm thinking of playing it safe and ordering a used OEM exhaust system from Ebay or something.

I was told that here in the UK, the stock victories all came with E-marked pipes which means they abided by European standards. However, when I looked at Victory's online parts catalogue, there really isnt any indication as to whether the mufflers on the catalogue have these markings, and whether the ones in the catalogue are legal in the EU.

The part numbers for the pipes on the Victory catalogue are 1262469-266 and 1262470-266, and the description on them have tags of "INTL" and "CAT". Intuitively it feels that these are the ones that come with the non-US / European bikes, but as there isn't a separate muffler part # for the US, I thought it better safe to ask!

On the newer 2017 bikes, the mufflers have part numbers of 1262771-266 & 1262772-266, and they do say EU4 on the catalogue page. The header part numbers seem to be the same. I would order these but I cant seem to find any used ones on Ebay... and if the INTL CAT ones work, then I'd rather save the remaining $750+ for something else!

Also, will the brackets and any mounting hardware that's already on the XBows fit the OEM parts?

Finally, the bike also has the Lloydz cams, timing wheel and a power commander attached to it. I assume for purposes of the test I can pass emissions by adjusting the power commander to be very lean... but would anyone know if there's some sort of cheap handheld "gas sniffer" or emissions tester that I can buy and make sure I get the powercommander settings right before it goes to the testing center?

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time with this.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
There must be a few guys here who have changed out the stock exhaust and have the OEM stuck in a corner somewhere. Hopefully you can find someone in Europe because I imagine with shipping from US, it'll cost nearly as much as buying them new, plus all of the BS involved with international codes and tariffs. If the tag says int'l, which the parts fiche says, it would suggest, as you pointed out, that they would be legal in Europe. I know it might be a long shot, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to give Polaris a call and see if you can get ahold of somebody there that might be able to answer your question definitively. Also, perhaps there are a few folks here that already live in Spain and might be able to help or answer your questions.

Start here maybe: https://www.thevog.net/groups/indian-and-victory-owners-from-spain.165/members

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ich verstehe das Problem nicht.
Ein in Großbritannien zugelassenes Fahrrad darf auch in Spanien fahren.
Ein Fahrrad aus dem Jahr 2014 hat keine EU4, sondern EU 3.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ich verstehe das Problem nicht.
Ein in Großbritannien zugelassenes Fahrrad darf auch in Spanien fahren.
Ein Fahrrad aus dem Jahr 2014 hat keine EU4, sondern EU 3.
Yeah, what he said......????

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry it was a automatc translation .

I don't understand the problem.
A bicycle registered in Great Britain may also ride in Spain.
A bike from 2014 has no EU4, but EU3.
Victory is so rare that the police or TÜV don't know the parts. In Germany, the TÜV has let a colleague through the performance system. It said Victory on it and he thought it was original.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@PDXLaserGazer and @ughammer, I appreciate the replies, thank you. I will try contacting Polaris and see if anyone can help further.

Yes indeed ughammer you are 100% right about the bike being EU3, but the issue is that 1) I will be registering the bike in Spain and de-registering it from the UK, and 2) I didn't keep the stock pipes when I bought it as I never thought I needed them (in the UK, the TUV equivalent doesnt really test for noise nor emissions... as long as it isnt super loud.)

Unfortunately when I move to Spain, the TUV guys there actually do a proper emissions and noise test using instruments, and hence I don't think the Xbows will pass even the EU3 specs. So therefore I thought it best to be safe and get a used legal exhaust system so that the bike passes the first time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you want I can ask in the German forum if someone wants to sell the original pipes.
The EU3 is not so strict as the EU4.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i do have some OEM stock pipes. like you i bought it with better ones from the start on. but living in switzerland, the shipping costs still are gona be high... why don't you lock at your local vic-dealer? this would be the cheapest solution...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ughammer: Thank you very much for the kind offer to reach out to the German forums, but I randomly need to be in the US for work next week and a gentleman here on the forums was selling his exhaust, so it was a win-win situation.

I may keep an eye out to see if anyone puts up some EU4 mufflers out there... I know its probably overkill given that they will test for EU3 specs, but it may help with the emissions given that the bike has the cams and powercommander attached. If I can get "cheapish insurance" against dealing with bored government officials, then I'll take that haha.

Thanks again to everyone who replied here, I appreciate the helping hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.