Octane resale value | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Octane resale value

Discussion in 'Victory Octane' started by BBartlett, Feb 9, 2017.

1. rdtshaw

rdtshaw Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Octane
    Need to bear in mind the dealer is always going to give you a lowball offer. They need to turn it around and there are some costs involved. They need to have room for negotiation later as used bike purchases are usually a hagglefest. Top that with the toxicity of the Victory inventory in general and it's going to be really ugly right now. I would assume you could get a normal dealer trade value selling it yourself if you needed.

That said, as soon as inventory is clear you have a unique and desirable bike that is still backed by Polaris. I would imagine resale value will return to a sort of normal. A lot of folks want what they can't have and there isn't much available like the Octane. I get people coming up to me all the time asking about my Octane. Good luck brother and stay safe!

Cheers,
    Rob

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OMG

OMG Member

Victory Octane!
    What Rob says it's spot on. There are a lot of things that the Octane can do that other cruisers cannot. If the scout maintains it's popularity through the years, an Octane, the one year run crazy cousin of the Scout will have a cult following.

I plan on holding mine for a long time so long as I don't wreck it.

3. B1900Mech

B1900Mech Member

2017 Victory Octane
    On my Mint Octane with 5000 miles(RPW Exhaust,PCV and Arlen Ness intake),I was offered $5400 by a Harley dealer on a trade in on a 2016 V Rod. The guy says I need to get rid of these,as they are taking up space,then he marks up the V Rod $3000 above MSRP.........
    I will have another great summer annihilating V-Rods on my Octane.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vickzack017

Vickzack017 Active Member

2017 octane
    I agree with you. 1200 on my 017 Octane and love it. I'm 4th years old and this will be my last bike.

5. ms0072

ms0072 Active Member

2009 Kingpin low
    I was thinking that with Vic shutting down I might be able to find a fire sale deal on a new Magnum.

So far I havent see any any prices with savings percentages like the ones quotes above.

If anyone is aware of any dealers looking to dump a magnum please let me know.

6. Jimboctane

Jimboctane New Member

Victory Octane
    I bought new last May 16. I plan to keep mine. Yeah, it sucks that Victory shut down, but on the bright side, the Octane instantly became a one year production collector's bike. Think of it as a stock you bought that tanked and then shot back up. It's exactly the same concept. Plus, deep down, it's a cool bike to own.

• Like Like x 1