VOG Forum banner

Octane Owner Check-In

Tags
new octane vin
66K views 369 replies 133 participants last post by  Ampdreamer 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I would start a thread that maybe the mods could make a stickie where people can check in when they take delivery of their Octane.

It might be fun to track VIN's too so post up the last 5 digits of your VIN.

In case the thread title isn't clear, this thread is intended to be where new Octane owners post they have taken delivery and provide any information about their new Octane they are comfortable sharing such as last 5 digits of the VIN, the dealer they bought from and any accessories they added.

THANKS

#5 ·
So have you taken delivery of yours yet or are you just getting things set up? Congrats either way. Can't wait to see some pics, because as you know

• Winner
Reactions: Baller and VicTim
#9 ·
Nothing yet. My local Victory dealer is a personal friend so I'm letting him get through all the Bikeweek "opportunities" before I write him a check. If he sells all his Bikeweek allocation I'll just wait until the next truck shows up, no biggie. We ride 12 months of the year here so I'm in no hurry.

#6 ·
going by this post the only numbers that are likely to change are the last 5

first three digits are world mfg. ID, 4 is chassis e.g. x, 5th digit is type; 6 is engine size; 7 is hp, 8 is series; 9 is check digit; 10 model year (D = 2013, 11 mfg location; 12 - 17 are indv. serial #

model number designation, e.g. V13sw36na are - 1st equals group; 2 and 3 are model year; 4 is model (a+ arlan ness, b= cross roads, etc); 5 is model type; 6 is engine size ( 1= 1507; 2= 1634; 3= 1731cc); 7 = HP (6 = 78-94HP, 7 = 95-115 HP); 8th digit is series E= intl, N= North America; 9 = color; 10 = C California, A Canada.

#8 ·
Exactly, and when dealers have in stock bikes the VIN's get posted on their sites as well as CycleTrader, eBay, etc.

Regardless, I'm not suggesting anyone do anything that takes them out of their comfort zone.

So, can we get back to the topic at hand so this doesn't turn into 5 pages of discussion before the first person who actually takes delivery has a chance to post ;)

#16 ·
One thing that hasn't been widely publicized, Victory has a 1.99%, 72 month, Zero down offer on the Octane. I was going to write a check for the bike but if they are willing to do 1.99% I'll keep my cash and let it work for me.

Also, they got 10 bikes in for Bikeweek, they have 2 left but are getting more in soon so if you are within driving distance of New Smyrna Beach, FL or don't mind doing a long distance deal bikes are available. www.volusia-motorsports.com

#17 ·
One thing that hasn't been widely publicized, Victory has a 1.99%, 72 month, Zero down offer on the Octane. I was going to write a check for the bike but if they are willing to do 1.99% I'll keep my cash and let it work for me.

Also, they got 10 bikes in for Bikeweek, they have 2 left but are getting more in soon so if you are within driving distance of New Smyrna Beach, FL or don't mind doing a long distance deal bikes are available. www.volusia-motorsports.com
If you have a %2 cash back card, you can make the bike payments with it then pay the card back with cash and have an interest free loan.

#20 ·
I like the Octane, and as one other here mentioned,...smaller / lighter / more get back to the basics aspect of it.

Another I have had my eye on for those same virtues is the Gunner.....650 pounds, but with larger fuel cap... still air cooled , low saddle, accessorize as ya like ?! Leave it as is ? soft nags / hard bags,w/shield ? Bob it, Cafe it ?.......what ever your heart desires.

#23 ·
Yeah man! Sweetness! Congratulations. You must be very stoked. Too bad you can't keep both - they look very nice together. But I get it; they are too similar in nature so the Scout has to go. You have got it set up really well so it shouldn't sit too long; I'm sure someone will snap it up.

BTW, I like the Spyder ST In there as well. But hey, this is all about your new Octane. It will be interesting to see what you do to it down the road. I notice you didn't get the tach. Is that something you can add on later if you wish?

#26 ·
Tach is supplier back ordered, no estimated delivery date. It's part of the deal so I'll get it when it shows up. The saddle bags should be in next week.

The ST is my wife's, it's her second Spyder.

The current plan is a full Traxxion suspension, Basanni 2-1 black exhaust, Lloydz intake (when available), PCV with tune and some decent tires. Probably a couple months to pull it all together.

#29 ·
I just got my insurance updated through my Allstate agent and the VIN didn't show in their database BUT, when they enter by year and brand the model "1200" shows up on their dropdown. You will probably have to talk directly with an agent to get an exact quote but you can try selecting a 2016 Indian Scout to get an estimate as my rates for the two are within $5 of each other.

#37 ·
Yup, things seem top be off to a pretty good start for the Octane! these things are going to be very popular so there might be a slight lag while they ramp up production. My dealer has 7 on the line just about ready to ship, but he has to deal with the friggin CA emmissions people before he can take delivery of them. From what it sounds like, once they get here they won't be there long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.