VOG Forum banner

O2 Sensor theory with straight exhaust!

5883 Views 41 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  CPT PYRO
Hey y'all,

I have an 09 Vegas and have thought about getting the Shorty GP Exhaust pipe ends from radiantcycles.com that just slip on the tail end of my stock exhaust. Will unplugging the O2 sensors help it rich out a little more to protect longevity? Also, does anyone know of anyone or ever used these type of "slip ons"?

Thanks.
Office supplies Cylinder Tool Audio equipment Gas
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,077 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
I put these slip ons on my girlfriend's high ball. Should I just get the bike remapped or will unhooking the sensors suffice? Still have to go in for my 500 mile checkup. Will they have a problem with me unhooking the sensors?

· Registered
23,468 Posts
I put these slip ons on my girlfriend's high ball. Should I just get the bike remapped or will unhooking the sensors suffice? Still have to go in for my 500 mile checkup. Will they have a problem with me unhooking the sensors?
Wait until after the 500 mile if you are concerned about what they think.

I would avoid the remap/flash of the ECU. For what that costs you could get a VFC III and tune it with that. The VFC will require that the O2s be disconnected.

If all you are doing is slip-ons, the VFC will suffice. It works better if the ECU is left alone (not flashed).

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Well now that this thread is turning into a tuner war, here goes. If you want the very best tune, go with the PCV (Power Commander V) and a dyno tune.
Bikedad,

Who is turning this it into another FI tuner war thread? Seperate folks here were talking about the VFCIII and the AFRPLUS. No one brought up your favorite brand of the PCV or "tuner war" till you chimed in.
Just sayin,
WW

· Registered
7,210 Posts
Bikedad,

Who is turning this it into another FI tuner war thread? Seperate folks here were talking about the VFCIII and the AFRPLUS. No one brought up your favorite brand of the PCV or "tuner war" till you chimed in.
Just sayin,
WW
The man is hungry for info and so I enlightened him. ALL the top tuners will tell you the best way to go for the best tune is exactly the advice that I gave him. Don't care if you have a problem with that. There's nothing wrong with any of the tuners mentioned here, just letting him know what his options are.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
The man is hungry for info and so I enlightened him. ALL the top tuners will tell you the best way to go for the best tune is exactly the advice that I gave him. Don't care if you have a problem with that. There's nothing wrong with any of the tuners mentioned here, just letting him know what his options are.
Guess you should double check your facts about this thread and who brought up what.
Along with your brand facts. No one brought up your favorite FI tuner until you did. No worries though. I suppose the cold weather has given you some brain freeze.

WW

· Registered
7,210 Posts
Guess you should double check your facts about this thread and who brought up what.
Along with your brand facts. No one brought up your favorite FI tuner until you did. No worries though. I suppose the cold weather has given you some brain freeze.

WW
Exactly, I guess you don't get it. First the VFClll was recommended and then the AFR plus, then you jumped in with your pom poms. I merely enlightened him on a third excellent option at which point you got all butt hurt and decided to start some **** with me. They're all good options depending on how exact he wants his tune and what he wants to invest time and $$$wise. Get over yourself.

· Registered
27 Posts
Hey y'all,

I have an 09 Vegas and have thought about getting the Shorty GP Exhaust pipe ends from radiantcycles.com that just slip on the tail end of my stock exhaust. Will unplugging the O2 sensors help it rich out a little more to protect longevity? Also, does anyone know of anyone or ever used these type of "slip ons"?

Thanks.
View attachment 13763

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.