VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, New York implemented a law that made it illegal to drive while talking on a hand-held cell phone. It's my understanding that driving while talking and using a headset or Bluetooth is still okay.

On Thursday, they did a massive ticket-writing mission for offenders. Here's a story from the NY Post:

Talkisn'tcheap.
The NYPD handed out more than $1 million in summonses during a 24- hour crackdown on cellphone "DWG" - driving while gabbing without using a hands-free device.
Cops wrote 9,016 tickets - at $120 a pop - in Thursday's citywide blitz. That's 18 times more than usual, the NYPD said.
The department decided to clamp down on motormouths because of the "widespread ignoring of the prohibitions against using [non-hands-free] cellphones while driving," said NYPD spokesman Paul Browne - adding that money had nothing to do with it.
"The intent was not for revenue, and there are no plans for it. [Driving while on a cellphone] is illegal," he said.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess since you can't shoot them this will have to do.

Here's my question: I can understand these airheads feeling compelled to constantly run their mouths, expressing every single feeble thought that crosses their puny minds, but who on earth do they find to LISTEN to them?????

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It's about time. So many laws are on the books but not enforced.
Using turn signals. How many people in the world do not understand what STOP means. Drivers/riders not stopping for people in a crosswalk. Of course how many people don't use a crosswalk when their children are with them? How about parents that open their rear door to let their children out into traffic? duh...
My thoughts:
1. Police are required to set an example.
2. Higher taxes to have a 20% increase in traffic patrols.
3. Ticket ALL violators. NO excuses.
4. Any violations with children include risk of injury to a minor.

The world would be a better place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.