VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd throw something up, get some Highball talk going.

I ordered a 1/4 turn throttle ring and installed it yesterday. A couple things...

1. This was my first mechanical adventure on the bike, I like to think I'm pretty mechanically inclined (cars mostly).
2. The previous owner bought the wedges you see pictured, that was a PITA to get off. I couldn't just take the wedge off because the bolts would spin with the nuts. So I had to remove the bracket all together.

Once that was done, loosening the cables and installing the ring was a breeze. Had a binding issue with the cables once I started tightening them up, but fiddled around with them for about 5 minutes or so until the throttle worked smoothly.

Took it out for a test ride and whoo doggy! What a difference. I do find that I ride quite a bit faster now that I don't have to rotate the wrist as far. I should probably be careful with that.:cop2:

Pictures for your time:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like a good mod. I recently got some torque tubes from Lloydz and was considering this but was thinking I already ride too fast so maybe I should not add to it! Will just stick with the TT for now :)

Reactions: 12BlackHBall

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was sitting there making a list of things I wanted to do, and this was only $20 so I said "why not".

Definitely want to do torque tubes at some point, money is is hard to find.

1st things first, I need to get a softer seat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like a good mod. I recently got some torque tubes from Lloydz and was considering this but was thinking I already ride too fast so maybe I should not add to it! Will just stick with the TT for now :)
Tell me about the Torque Tubes.

1)Did you install them yourself?
2) Did you get the bike to the dyno right away?
3)what exhaust are you Running?
4) what other mods do you have on your bike?

Hoping for the TT's myself some day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
I'm doing the throttle mod and timing wheel on my Cross Roads next week.
Makes a real difference, huh?
Sure does!

I did encounter an issue this morning when riding in to work. I heard a loud air sucking sound before turning the bike off. Turns out I accidently disconnect a vacuum hose when I moved the cheese wedge out of the way to get at the throttle cables.

I'll be fixing that when I get to the house tonight.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@12BlackHBall Great looking bike. I was going to ask how you were liking your Corbin seat because it looks great, but then I saw your sig line. SO many guys get the Corbin seat and then hate them because they are so damned hard. You would think they'd learn by now that the foam mix needs to change!

Reactions: 12BlackHBall

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@12BlackHBall Great looking bike. I was going to ask how you were liking your Corbin seat because it looks great, but then I saw your sig line. SO many guys get the Corbin seat and then hate them because they are so damned hard. You would think they'd learn by now that the foam mix needs to change!
Thanks Ghost!

When I got the bike over a month ago, I just assumed the previous guy never rode it since it had 2000 miles on it. Maybe the seat was new to the bike when he traded it in. I knew the Corbin name and thought "maybe it just needs to be broken in". 1500 miles later, still hard as a rock.

Good news is, I didn't pay for it initially, so I have no issues buying a different seat when the money comes around. Also toying with the idea of having a guy adjust the foam here locally.

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree, not a lot of love in the Highball world. But over the past couple weeks I've put new pipes and intake on and it's running great. I think I'm gonna put baffles in the pipes though.
Nice, love the look of those pipes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm definitely interested to hear what you come up with. I have no ideas. I'm not only new to Victory, but new to riding as well. Here to learn!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm definitely interested to hear what you come up with. I have no ideas. I'm not only new to Victory, but new to riding as well. Here to learn!
I think I'm leaning towards the Big City Thunder baffles, but we'll see. Thats awesome that a Highball is your first bike! Its definitely a lot of bike, but theres a lot of room to grow into it. I came from crotch rockets before this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats awesome that a Highball is your first bike! Its definitely a lot of bike, but theres a lot of room to grow into it. I came from crotch rockets before this.
That's in line with everything I've read when I was doing research on a 1st bike, but I am older and a little more patient. Took my time and rode within my abilities. I still find things about riding I need to work on and make an effort to spend some time in an empty lot to work on stuff on the weekends.

As far as the HB being my 1st Bike, the only thing I really had to get used to was the weight, it's heavier then the HD Street 500cc I learned on (obviously). Other than that, it's an easy bike to ride and fun as hell.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's in line with everything I've read when I was doing research on a 1st bike, but I am older and a little more patient. Took my time and rode within my abilities. I still find things about riding I need to work on and make an effort to spend some time in an empty lot to work on stuff on the weekends.

As far as the HB being my 1st Bike, the only thing I really had to get used to was the weight, it's heavier then the HD Street 500cc I learned on (obviously). Other than that, it's an easy bike to ride and fun as hell.
The weight didn't take me long to get used to, I just had to get used to putting my feet in a cruiser position, instead of behind me. I'm also a pretty short guy, so I had to get used to the ergonomics, but its pretty well built for short people and tall people.

I tell you what though, changing my pipes from the stage 1's to these, dramatically dropped the weight of the bike, and it handles a lot better. I just need the pegs to be higher now. I have a link to the video of how they sound I think.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The weight didn't take me long to get used to, I just had to get used to putting my feet in a cruiser position, instead of behind me. I'm also a pretty short guy, so I had to get used to the ergonomics, but its pretty well built for short people and tall people.
That was one of the 1st things I did after riding it on the highway, I realized my arms were locked out, so I pulled the bars back about an inch. Made it much more comfortable and allowed me to use the back rest.

Edit* I'm at work so I can't see the video (bad cell service), but i'll definitely check it out tonight, thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That was one of the 1st things I did after riding it on the highway, I realized my arms were locked out, so I pulled the bars back about an inch. Made it much more comfortable and allowed me to use the back rest.

Edit* I'm at work so I can't see the video (bad cell service), but i'll definitely check it out tonight, thanks.
Yeah I had to use LTE to even get the video link, my work doesn't allow youtube. Ape's are wonderful if you get the right size, but some people can't adjust it, or don't want to and they look like weirdo's stretching out their arms and bodies. I brought mine down a little bit, and I love it. It feels like a 'power stance'. These are definitely some of the coolest bikes on the road, and I get tons of stares and compliments, especially from Harley guys.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tell me about the Torque Tubes.

1)Did you install them yourself?
2) Did you get the bike to the dyno right away?
3)what exhaust are you Running?
4) what other mods do you have on your bike?

Hoping for the TT's myself some day.
Hi DJ. To answer your questions:
Yes I did install them myself. Witchdoctors have a great how to youtube on how to do it, so it was not too hard.
And the bike is going to the dyno this Thursday, so about a week or so after I did the intall. I was away in between so did not get it done sooner.
I have the RPW Slash pipes in chrome. I like them a lot! Quite loud, even with the baffles in,
Other mods are cosmetic, and to be honest I think exhaust/TT is enough performance mods for now. I think ...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The Highballs got me to look at Vic years ago. Thought for a factory bike they looked so cool. I then changed my mind into going bagger and thought back to the Highball so looked at Vic baggers and fell in love, that was it had to have one when I got the money.

Reactions: Ghostrider25
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.