VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Might be a trick of the camera but that thing looks huge, like way to big to look good on a XC.
Nick told me that he is not concerned about looks, but maximum performance. The air filter fits a Subaru. The Air filter on the last Stage 2 intake Nick made did not let enough air in. When the air filter was removed the dyno showed a 5 HP increase.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
As long as it works well, hope they will make it available in black as well.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If you went this route, would you be done riding in the rain and be forced to shutdown if you ever got caught in the rain?
Nick posted on Face Book that you'd have to ride your bike into a lake to drown out the engine with his Stage 2 intake. I had a side mounted ,force winder , air filter mounted , and I rode my 2002 HD dyna low rider in really in a torrential down pour of ' REALLY HEAVY ' rain for 15 miles. With oil sprayed on the K&N air filter , the engine never missed a beat.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
On a
Guys
Any ideal how much Hp gain, with tune intake system installed?
On a stock XC or an XC with full performance bolts on's and cams? The first Norman Performance , stage 2 intake with WYRD cams, and two into one exhaust, put out 104 TQ at 2,200 rpm's and 122.66 TQ at 4,450 rpm's. 104 Hp at 4,300 rpm's. The final design stage 2 intake that I posted a picture of should do even better.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
XC full performance tune by Kevinx
The XC that I posted a picture of is at Kevin's shop. No dyno results yet. Norsman Performance told me that he should have a dyno chart posted on his Face Book home page probably the first week of october. This XC has WYRD 40 cams, timing wheel, Norseman performance mufflers and his new design Stage 2 intake system.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
This is dyno chart done by Kevin at Southern Motor Werkz. This was Norseman Performance last stage 2 design dyno chart. The final design stage 2 intake should have no dip on the torgue line at lower rpm's and a wider torque line from 3,500-4,500 rpm's. NIck said when he pulled the air filter off of the side mounted tube on the side of the gas tank, the HP increased by 5. This showed him that the filter that he had on the intake tube was not big enough. With that being said, the TQ ' should' increase by at least 2 and the HP by 3.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.