VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I finally got around to some upgrades on my 14 XC.
Lloydz VFC, ATG, and throttle ring. I already had the filter and have atom bombs.
Anyways, I decided to install them all at same time. Went pretty well I thought. The VFC is kind of a PITA cuz of no room to see what yur doing. But overall, seemed pretty easy.
After putting everything back together, and putting in some intro settings on the VFC, I go to start it up....and nothing.
The pump kicks on like normal, the VFC seems to be hooked up properly. Its lights are working at least. Throttle ring was a piece of cake. ATG seemed to be fine too. Just nothing when I push the starter switch.
Could use some help troubleshooting this. Appreciate the help. THANKS!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think we've all been there :banghead:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
AAAHHHHH MAN!!!!
OK, I guess I win "Total Idiot of the Year" honors. I had the bike in gear.
Damn...thats embarassing.

In my defense, I had about 12 beers while installing....so theres that.

Thank you Nick for pointing out the obvious.
Happens all the time!!! Just get excited, installed the **** and wanna check it out, then when something happens(doesn't start) you get the pain in your gut, "what did I do wrong"...

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
It's when you push the horn button and the wipers come on that you REALLY have to worry.

You might be in your truck, and not on your bike like you think you are........In which case..........You've had too much beer!

• Haha
Reactions: Trout

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I had the same deal happen when I did all my install. I broke my fuel pump nipple in the process and had to wait for a month to get in new pump then hose because they changed the size on the new pumps from my bike year. Anyways after about a month and a half I finally got everything together and forgot to reconnect the battery. When I looked from my angle looking down at it looked like I had connected it but turned out it was just sitting on top of it. Took me like 20 mins to figure it out and I had beers in me as well. I was stressing bad and then felt like complete idiot when I started to back track and take stuff apart to look for possible problems.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
VW made a beetle that was an automatic stick shift. It was a 3 speed that used a vacuum servo to work the clutch.
Just touch the shift lever & it put the clutch in let go & it let it out.

Did a clutch job on one & there was a little c-clip on the clutch pack I forgot to install.
I pulled the engine three times trying to figure out what was wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Now that sucks, 3 engine pulls wow the time put into that job for a c-clip.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
i love the rush you get when you discover the super easy fix to your major malfunction. not being very mechanically inclined i experience more than my share of those moments,,,lol :think: :doh: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: MagVic CCT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.