No license required | Page 5 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

No license required

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ReigningScorpios, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Texasbaehr

Texasbaehr Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Vision Arlen Ness, Kawasaki Drifter 800
    Wow....really out there. You are officially ignored.

2. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    Oh yeah, that was WAAAAY out there.
    It was Ben Franklin that said that.

“RIGHT -- A legal RIGHT, a constitutional RIGHT means a RIGHT protected by the law, by the
    constitution, but government does not create the idea of RIGHT or original RIGHTS; it
    acknowledges them. . . “ Bouvier's Law Dictionary, 1914, p. 2961.

“Those who have the right to do something cannot be licensed for what they already have
    right to do as such license would be meaningless.” City of Chicago v Collins 51 NE 907, 910.

“A license means leave to do a thing which the licensor could prevent.” Blatz Brewing Co. v. Collins, 160
    P.2d 37, 39; 69 Cal. A. 2d 639.

“The object of a license is to confer a right or power, which does not exist without it.” Payne v.
    Massey (19__) 196 SW 2nd 493, 145 Tex 273.

“The court makes it clear that a license relates to qualifications to engage in profession, business,
    trade or calling; thus, when merely traveling without compensation or profit, outside of business
    enterprise or adventure with the corporate state, no license is required of the natural individual
    traveling for personal business, pleasure and transportation.” Wingfield v. Fielder 2d Ca. 3d 213
    (1972).

“If [state] officials construe a vague statute unconstitutionally, the citizen may take them at their word, and act on the
    assumption that the statute is void.” - Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham 394 U.S. 147 (1969).

"With regard particularly to the U.S. Constitution, it is elementary that a
    Right secured or protected by that document cannot be overthrown or impaired
    by any state police authority." Donnolly vs. Union Sewer Pipe Co., 184 US
    540; Lafarier vs. Grand Trunk R.R. Co., 24 A. 848; O'Neil vs. Providence
    Amusement Co., 108 A. 887.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  3. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    100% correct, in theory. Sadly, in practice, the politicians have ignored and/or have done all they can to tear up the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Half those in Washington DC and most of the state capitals hate our founding documents. The other half typically refuse to protect them. There has typically been a handful of elected officials that work towards adherence to our founding documents. Again, they quickly get marginalized, ignored and run over.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    Yes, they lie , cheat and steal.
    BUT what I am trying to offer with this, is the way to escape their games. To change the format of the court your in and lock the judge into a spot where he has to submit to his Oath of Office.
    Seriously, I'm not here to say "check out what I heard".
    I've got a couple years invested.
    I have actually done this, and in a County Thats very proud of the fact thst their largest building, is the court house.
    (Which by the way, is paid for by "guilty" verdicts.)
    They wanted me guilty.
    They didn't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    I think I got to page 2 using all of my energy. This is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    YOU QUESTION THE SUPREME COURT ?

"… the right of the citizen to drive on a public street with freedom from police interference… is a
    fundamental constitutional right" -White, 97 Cal.App.3d.141, 158 Cal.Rptr. 562, 566-67 (1979)

“citizens have a right to drive upon the public streets of the District of Columbia or any other city
    absent a constitutionally sound reason for limiting their access.” Caneisha Mills v. D.C. 2009

“The use of the automobile as a necessary adjunct to the earning of a livelihood in modern life
    requires us in the interest of realism to conclude that the RIGHT to use an automobile on the
    public highways partakes of the nature of a liberty within the meaning of the Constitutional
    guarantees. . .” Berberian v. Lussier (1958) 139 A2d 869, 872, See also: Schecter v. Killingsworth, 380 P.2d 136, 140; 93 Ariz. 273 (1963).

“The right to operate a motor vehicle [an automobile] upon the public streets and highways is not a
    mere privilege. It is a right of liberty, the enjoyment of which is protected by the guarantees of the
    federal and state constitutions.” Adams v. City of Pocatello, 416 P.2d 46, 48; 91 Idaho 99 (1966).

“A traveler has an equal right to employ an automobile as a means of transportation and to occupy the public
    highways with other vehicles in common use.” Campbell v. Walker, 78 Atl. 601, 603, 2 Boyce (Del.) 41.

“The owner of an automobile has the same right as the owner of other vehicles to use the highway,* * * A
    traveler on foot has the same right to the use of the public highways as an automobile or any other vehicle.” Simeone v. Lindsay, 65 Atl. 778, 779; Hannigan v. Wright, 63 Atl. 234, 236.

"The RIGHT of the citizen to DRIVE on the public street with freedom from police interference,
    unless he is engaged in suspicious conduct associated in some manner with criminality is a
    FUNDAMENTAL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT which must be protected by the courts." People v. Horton
    14 Cal. App. 3rd 667 (1971)

“The right to make use of an automobile as a vehicle of travel long the highways of the state, is no longer
    an open question. The owners thereof have the same rights in the roads and streets as the drivers of horses
    or those riding a bicycle or traveling in some other vehicle.” House v. Cramer, 112 N.W. 3; 134 Iowa 374; Farnsworth v. Tampa Electric Co. 57 So.
    233, 237, 62 Fla. 166.

“The automobile may be used with safety to others users of the highway, and in its proper use upon
    the highways there is an equal right with the users of other vehicles properly upon the highways.
    The law recognizes such right of use upon general principles. Brinkman v Pacholike, 84 N.E. 762, 764, 41 Ind. App. 662, 666.

“The law does not denounce motor carriages, as such, on public ways. They have an equal right with other vehicles in
    common use to occupy the streets and roads. It is improper to say that the driver of the horse has rights in the roads
    superior to the driver of the automobile. Both have the right to use the easement.” Indiana Springs Co. v. Brown, 165 Ind. 465, 468.

7. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    Im sorry. Did you want it back?

8. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    It's funny how the ignorant refuse knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Who ‘owns’ the Federal Highway system roads, the state roads, the county roads and the secondary roads etc? Are they owned by the state, private companies or the ‘public’ at large? I was in West Virginia this week and it seemed they had a $4.00 toll booth every 30 to 40 minutes. The assumption is fuel taxes ‘pay’ for these roads and their upkeep. Therefore I’m typically against tolls and sales tax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    "The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon in the ordinary course of life and business is a common right which he has under his right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right in so doing to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day; and under the existing modes of travel includes the right to drive a horse-drawn carriage or wagon thereon, or to operate an automobile thereon, for the usual and ordinary purposes of life and business. It is not a mere privilege, like the privilege of moving a house in the street, operating a business stand in the street, or transporting persons or property for hire along the street, which a city may permit or prohibit at will.

The exercise of such a common right the city may, under its police power, regulate in the interest of the public safety and welfare; but it may not arbitrarily or unreasonably prohibit or restrict it, nor may it permit one to exercise it and refuse to permit another of like qualifications, under like conditions and circumstances, to exercise it.

The regulation of the exercise of the right to drive a private automobile on the streets of the city may be accomplished in part by the city by granting, refusing, and revoking, under rules of general application, permits to drive an automobile on its streets; but such permits may not be arbitrarily refused or revoked, or permitted to be held by some and refused to other of like qualifications, under like circumstances and conditions."

I wish you had a winner I really do. Because if you did I would set up a kiosk with a big sign at traffic court. $100 fee to get you out of a registration or lack of license case. No dismissal no fee.

11. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    Ok. This is going to open a can of worms.
    First I have to ask,

Are you a U.S. Citizen ?

Or

Are you an American ?

12. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I'm surprised this is still going without being deemed political and closed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    Maybe thats because its a friendly thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    More because the mods and admin don't do much around here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ReigningScorpios

ReigningScorpios Member

2006 Vegas 8 Ball
    I like it like this.
    Maybe now we can take back America.
    Nobody is against that right?