VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Interesting, but not a surprising story. Don't count them out yet as the story stated they sold 430K+ bikes in the first three quarters of 2009. That's nothing to sneeze at.

It will also be interesting to see what Honda does with the Goldwing. Since the production line has moved from Ohio to Japan, much speculation has been made about a new, built from the ground GW being on the horizon. Possibly this could be delayed as well.

Combine this with HD's woes and the most recent recall and the entire industry could be facing a major shift.

If Victory plays their cards right, they could be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Times are tough!! Just heard about a Harley Dealership in Lindon, Utah called Timpanogos
Harley that filed for Chapt. 11.

It's a huge dealership - a 60,000 sq. ft. bldg (built @ a cost of $12 million), and employs 40 about employees. Man - if a huge outfit like that can go under ..... it's bad.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Good businesses make good decisions when times are tough. Smart move, no reason to dig deeper in the hole!

·
Registered
657 Posts
bubba said:
Good businesses make good decisions when times are tough. Smart move, no reason to dig deeper in the hole!
Amen.

·
Registered
398 Posts
We had a local dealer who sold HD for decades refuse to build a mega dollar boutique building. They yanked his dealership. I wonder what he is thinking now. What looked like bad news then at least allowed him to keep the money that he had made over the years out of his small store. If he had followed HD's direction he would be broke.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
There were 0 changes from the 2009 models to the 2010 models announced earlier this year and no new bikes coming into the lineup so it appears the decision was made long ago. My buddy owns the Suzuki dealer by me and is still moving a ton of sportbikes. Last months sales were in the mid 100's, down from two years ago when he sold over 300 units but up from last years 35 bikes. The cruiser line however is just about dead for him.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

dsjr70 said:
There were 0 changes from the 2009 models to the 2010 models announced earlier this year and no new bikes coming into the lineup so it appears the decision was made long ago. My buddy owns the Suzuki dealer by me and is still moving a ton of sportbikes. Last months sales were in the mid 100's, down from two years ago when he sold over 300 units but up from last years 35 bikes. The cruiser line however is just about dead for him.
Sold in the mid 100's!?!?!? I have a friend that has a multi line store with Kawi as his anchor; located in Orlando. He sold less then 40 Bikes, scooters, boats, and ATV's last month. Infact I am pretty sure that PoG had it's worst ever month in November of this year

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Andy said:
Interesting, but not a surprising story. Don't count them out yet as the story stated they sold 430K+ bikes in the first three quarters of 2009. That's nothing to sneeze at.
That figure is for the motorcycle industry OVERALL. That is sales of all motorcycles in the US from Aprilla to Zepher

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
ddawg said:
Times are tough!! Just heard about a Harley Dealership in Lindon, Utah called Timpanogos
Harley that filed for Chapt. 11.

It's a huge dealership - a 60,000 sq. ft. bldg (built @ a cost of $12 million), and employs 40 about employees. Man - if a huge outfit like that can go under ..... it's bad.
I live about 10 miles form there and its about 2 years old in Utah County. They use to be in asmall place on other side of freeway. This place isa HD playland.When I was looking to buy a bike I did go there. I went with my brother in law and we could not even get anyone to help us as we had to beg for help. He rides HD and said it was the worest experience he had at a HD dealer.I was looking atFatboy and was looking to see what kind of deal and they flat out said we dont deal on price we have to pay for this place. So I am not suprised to see them file.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
kevinx01 said:
dsjr70 said:
Sold in the mid 100's!?!?!? I have a friend that has a multi line store with Kawi as his anchor; located in Orlando. He sold less then 40 Bikes, scooters, boats, and ATV's last month. Infact I am pretty sure that PoG had it's worst ever month in November of this year
That was all units, not just cycles, sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
kevinx01 said:
Andy said:
That figure is for the motorcycle industry OVERALL. That is sales of all motorcycles in the US from Aprilla to Zepher
I stand corrected!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
scary that any manufacturer has so much leftover stock that they assume they can't get through a year with 'leftovers'.

I wonder how many leftover 'new' victory's are out there.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
This topic is the perfect example of "dont believe anything you read on the internet" I stopped by the Suzuki dealer this morning and he had a ton of 2010 bikes. He did verify that they did stop production and shipping but they restarted fairly quickly when they started running low on inventory. But nothing new for 2011 except for a few different colors :-(

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

dsjr70 said:
This topic is the perfect example of "dont believe anything you read on the internet" I stopped by the Suzuki dealer this morning and he had a ton of 2010 bikes. He did verify that they did stop production and shipping but they restarted fairly quickly when they started running low on inventory. But nothing new for 2011 except for a few different colors :-(
Hmmm. Imagine that - bad infornmation on the internet!!! Get out of town!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
471 Posts

Good friend, and a Honda dealer as well, says there will be no new Goldwings until 2011 when they release an all-new 2012 model. He expects an auto tranny to be an option as well when they are released.
RR

·
Registered
93 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Yeah. Check out the the suzuki.ca website. I can vouch that I've sat on the 2010 M50 (orange). It has the seat cowl and front headlight like the M90 and M109. That's new this year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.