VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm sure the riding community won't consider this concept vehicle a motorcycle, the way the Land Glider leans, it could be fodder for discussion.

From Nissan:

Is it a Car or a Motorcycle?

Nissan's planning and design team were given a challenge: to explore new forms of zero emission mobility that redefined existing segments. The result was a radical new vehicle that combines the company's vision for future urban mobility with Nissan's great driving heritage.

In creating the Land Glider concept, Nissan planners and designers have conceived a totally new form of personal zero emission mobility that combines clever, new driving experiences, all in the one compact, 4-wheeled package.

With more than 50% of the world's population living in big cities in the near future, designers latched onto motorcycles as a credible base to start the design process.

While the agility, thrills and freedom of bikes inspired the designers and engineers, an extra spice was added to the mix. Tandem architecture became the obvious choice. A unique two-seater, cocoon-like structure sitting on a zero emission powertrain. With four-wheel stability and a sense of safety that originates from a tilting cabin, the Land Glider will appeal to both two- and four-wheel driving enthusiasts.

Targeted at city dwellers of all generations, the Land Glider is a serious motoring statement of the new era of mobility that Nissan intends to lead.

SPECIFICATIONS

Overall Length (mm) 3,100 = 10 Feet
Overall Width (mm) 1,100 = 3.6 Feet
Overall Height (mm) 1,415 = 4.6 Feet
Wheelbase (mm) 2,180 = 7 Feet
Seating Capacity 2

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Whatever it is considered, i see a lot of them laying on there sides.
It is so narrow, and yes i know it leans, but at any real speed if you come to a sharp turn i see it tipping over. Unless the top speed is only 30mph.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Well ..... novel .... unique ..... outside the box. Probably the future - probably not my future - but interesting.

Hey - if it becomes a chick magnet - I'm all over it. It would probably be a hit @ the Sundance Film Festival. All the pine nut chewing yogurt sucking sweeties would love it.
Ok, I'm in.

Does it come in Antares Red with Black Accents????? Maybe in 10 years. LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.