nice looking hammer... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

nice looking hammer...

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by zingpow, Nov 23, 2021.

1. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2003 victory kingpin
  2. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Does now, thanks for the tip!

3. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2012 Crossroads LE, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    On my fourth Vic, the Hammer is a nice looking bike. I've owned two.
    The fat tire bikes can be wrestled into turns but it's not that pleasant.
    If you're considering another Vic I strongly encourage you to try a Kingpin.
    I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm old and at my age it's mandatory.
    Three signs of advancing age: 1. A failing memory......................................aw dammit! I can't remember the other two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    lou...i look all over (east of the mississippi) for deals...there is another hammer out there that is blacked out in all dark grey or flat slate for like $9k that has under 10k miles, think it's out in minneapolis...zp...

• Like Like x 1
  5. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    ntn...i don't actually look for a specific make and model but low mile well taken care of bikes...every once in a while i knock into someone that truly doesn't know what he has...i do not pay retail for motorcycles...ever...zp...

• Like Like x 1
  6. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2012 Crossroads LE, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    The Kingpin is the only make/model that I've ever considered purposely seeking seeking out.
    I've done well over the years doing the same. Wound up with a '73 Z1 for $300 that the owner thought was locked up, it was only the bolt that held the breaker points to the plate. This was in '74, didn't know that was a common problem for them until after I'd bought it.
    Was working for M&M Racing in louisville KY at the time',well equipped shop and parts at cost, a no lose situation for me.
    One of many bikes I've bought under the same circumstance.
    Did pretty good with Vics over the past 4 years, but the price and availability of Victorys is changing. Was easy to find a Vic under $3k just a couple years ago,now, not so much.
    My latest is my '12 CR LE #25, the PO lives in Show Low AZ and was only advertising on Show Low CL and Wasn't getting any calls.
    Let it sit for six weeks before I called and another 2 before I went up to see it. Made him an offer and he took it. Got it for well under book.

7. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    i was the only person to contact the owner of the 2003 victory i have and he had it for sale all spring and summer this year...it was the first bike that i can truly say, "i didn't know what i was looking at"...i was serious when i told him that even though i had driven 4 hours to get there that i was not interested, he almost begged me to take it and i'm damn glad i did...equal to the '98 honda magna (my first bike) in ease of riding, it's the "point and shoot" of motorcycles...sometimes i feel sorry for folks that will never know the open road on two wheels...other times i just think ah f#*k 'em...zing the compassionate...

• Agree Agree x 1