VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought my first Victory in fact my first American bike an 04 Kingpin Tourer - AWESOME

Problem is that reaching the foot pedals is prooving a little interesting as I need to shift in the saddle to reach and thus braking and shifting at the same time is a real challenge.

It looks like the floorboards have two positions and can be bought closer to the saddle.

Can anybody confirm this and advise on the best method as I assume the controls also then need to be adjusted

Many Thanks

Raging Tater

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Your KP may have a floorboard extension kit...i think they normally run 2", 4" and I think 5". You'll have to remove the extensions and get a new shift linkage as the one you have has been extended. Best thing to do is put pictures in the thread so all can see what you have. Some may even swap you out (for the shift linkage) and pay a little ($) for your extensions. The brake side woun't need anything special...just remove the extensions.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Does yours look like this with the extra bracket? These are the 2" extensions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I am away from home at the moment but I can picture the fittings with the help of the above and have come to the conclusion that I am just a short arse ! as the boards are attached to the original fittings and ther are no extensions.

Never had a problem with the 20 plus bikes up to now but hey ho. Maybe I will get used to them !!

In fact it is not so much the boards which my feet sit on ok but the reach then to the controls. Is it possible to put on shorter controls or will I just need to go on a rack. For the record I have a 29" inside leg so whilst short I would have thought there were many with a similar leg length

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry folks looks like I have been wasting your time. The floorboards are mounted as standard but after a 100 mile run yesterday the bike fits ike a glove, clearly I just wasn't laid back enough on the first go

Thanks for your help

Tater

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

RagingTater said:
Sorry folks looks like I have been wasting your time. The floorboards are mounted as standard but after a 100 mile run yesterday the bike fits ike a glove, clearly I just wasn't laid back enough on the first go

Thanks for your help

Tater
Welcome to the recliner lifestyle of Vic!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.