New York's New Exhaust Law | Page 5 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

New York's New Exhaust Law

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CTGunner, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Bernie58

Bernie58 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cruising everywhere and anytime I can.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Sometimes you gotta make the best decision from bad choices & sometimes it’s for family but NY’s a stretch

3. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    Great place to show off you got a CONCEALED WEAPONS permit, BUT might need:22yikes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. CTGunner

CTGunner Member

VIctory Gunner
    I get it but I stated why in my earlier post. My Grandkids are young and, well, they are important to me.
    I road with bunch of guys last week here in NY and you know what? They all agree with you but yet here they are anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  5. morgdog

morgdog Active Member

2012 Cross Country Tour, 2010 Kingpin
    Holy ****...thats worse than here in Germany. We are allowed 95 db for the motorcycle inspection.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. stude

stude Member

2003 Vegas
    Yeah what he said. Unfortunately I am in NY... northern NY mind you. I sure as hell wouldn't move here from anywhere else.
    A bit of trivia about NY state: Did you know that when you look at a voting map of NY state, like 95% of the state is red, with the only blue spots being NYC, Syracuse, Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo? Even Long Island is red. So 5% runs the whole state. Can't say any more as political discussion is forbidden.

Anyway, this thread was the first I had heard about the "new" law. I would not be surprised if the State Troopers are weaponized to fill the state coffers with $1,000 fines from bikers and classic car guys... and pickup truck owners, too. NY is a very money hungry state.
    I went on ebay last night and ordered a pair of used stock mufflers for my '13 Sporty. I already have stock mufflers for my '03 Vegas, and my Triumph still wears it's OEM peashooters so I am good. I also have an old '78 Yamaha XS 500 that has modified mufflers on it. Parts for that bike are as common as hens' teeth... I will never find a set of stock mufflers for that.
    We can only hope the new law won't get enforced any more than the old loud exhaust laws did.

• Like Like x 1