VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New at posting. Just picked up a 2017 Victory Cross Country, with just over 3K; Nuclear Orange!
Bought it out of Wisconsin and had it shipped to Washington State.
My first ride and at 45 and above my eyes watered with a 3/4 lid. Put a full face shield on which reduced the watering eyes but still a lot of wind to my face. And, wind noise in the lid with ear plugs got old real fast.
Just took the old windshield off and added a 9" Madstand; what a difference.
It is a completely new bike, no wind problem at all.
I cannot believe Victory sold this bike for years with a terrible factory windshield.
I am 6' 2" and have it all the way up and fully forward. I can clearly see just over the windshield, again with no wind pounding on me.
I had a 2006 Kingpin when I live in Vegas and just loved it, but sold it years ago. Wanted to buy another Kingpin but got stuck on the new engine and transmission that came out in 2012. Then one look a the cross country and I was sold.
Everyone stops to look at the bike and the color; you cannot miss it. I parked next to two black HD's the other day and everyone came over to look at the Victory, the HD owners were a bit put out to say the least.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Welcome to the VOG. Nice choice in bike's. Got any pictures!
I always thought Victory would of sold a lot more bike's if they would have put a taller windshield and a passenger backrest on XC's for demo's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New at posting. Just picked up a 2017 Victory Cross Country, with just over 3K; Nuclear Orange!
My first ride and at 45 and above my eyes watered with a 3/4 lid. Put a full face shield on which reduced the watering eyes but still a lot of wind to my face. And, wind noise in the lid with ear plugs got old real fast.
I cannot believe Victory sold this bike for years with a terrible factory windshield.
I am 6' 2" and have it all the way up and fully forward. I can clearly see just over the windshield, again with no wind pounding on me.
I had a 2006 Kingpin when I live in Vegas and just loved it, but sold it years ago. Wanted to buy another Kingpin but got stuck on the new engine and transmission that came out in 2012. Then one look a the cross country and I was sold.
Everyone stops to look at the bike and the color; you cannot miss it. I parked next to two black HD's the other day and everyone came over to look at the Victory, the HD owners were a bit put out to say the least.
Pictures coming. I was lucky to get this posted,

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
No bike is one size fits all. The best they can do is make it for an average height individual. For above average people like you, there's Madstad.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have a CCT. First I cut down the factory shield 2.5" and wasn't happy. Then I tried a recurve type and didn't like the distortion. Then I got a Madstad and love it. I appreciate being able to fine tune the height and angle to get the airflow right.

The Madstad system is polarizing. People hate it or love it.

All I'll say is it worked for me. To each, their own.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a CCT. First I cut down the factory shield 2.5" and wasn't happy. Then I tried a recurve type and didn't like the distortion. Then I got a Madstad and love it. I appreciate being able to fine tune the height and angle to get the airflow right.

The Madstad system is polarizing. People hate it or love it.

All I'll say is it worked for me. To each, their own.
The only people that hate Madstad are ones that don't need/have it. I have said it on here about 20 times. Madstad is the single best upgrade I have done.

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
6’2”. Look at Madstat for sure. Also windvest makes a great shield with different heights. Then there’s Long Ride Shields. I have them on both my bikes because they offer different tints. Happen to like the dark. Good luck and welcome to the Vog.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
We
Welcome, Island Time!
Coupeville, here.
Regards, Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.