VOG Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Recall a PT event I went through with broken knee and a couple of other things. One of my favorite parts was when they said I could bend it more and I should do so. I told them that I could indeed bend it farther, but it would fall off if I did. They laughed, I screamed. Such a good time.

Hang in there, just like you are. Good for you. To put things into perspective, complain to your wife and tell her what you are experiencing is much worse than child birth. I'm sure she'll have some words of wisdom for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Am keeping on keeping on!!! Still long way to go and a long time of getting there but am remaining humble throughout my journey. I'm gaining function and strength every week, you get out what you put in so I do therapy everyday, am always working on my R.O.M ( range of motion) and building strength in my core, pelvis, legs and upper body. Am working on having a normal walking gate, must train yourself not to limp or walk awkwardly, no matter how slow the pace make sure your gate is smooth / natural because speed will naturally come in time but the base must be strong to build upon. Life's a ditch and I'm diggin it!!!
a limp wouldn't be entirely bad…just get a long coat, big hat and cane….
Google Image Result for https://media1.giphy.com/media/D4jRR3Elt71TO/giphy.gif

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Update, my new left hip is doing great, wish I could have gotten it sooner, when it’s worn out, it’s worn out, regardless of age, period. If you are struggling with a body part please do not continue putting yourself ( and those around you ) through the agony and misery by continuing to put it off until a “later and better date, when all your chores are done”. Mentality and physically it is draining, living with high levels of pain will eventually negatively effect your attitude towards living, makes you unpleasant to be around and greatly inhibits your ability to live the life we all deserve and to enjoy this world as the creator intended for us to do so. Surgery is not a magic wand, you must do range of motion and strengthening exercises to recover and to thrive ( at any stage doing therapy in water is the most relieving, along with massage ) there is no shortcuts, for the most part, walking is not exercising but you must exercise so you can more easily walk. As always, you get out what you put in. I know it’s hard to sit aside months for recovering, people depend on us, we have $hit that must be done and ain’t no one else that will do it, we are the strong ones, we are the “rock” for others but trust me, they will understand, it’s just grass or whatever your responsibility is and it will be ok, if they truly care about you than they want you to feel like yourself again, not to live in tremendous pain and will gladly help any way they possibly can, they love and care about you so please, do them & yourself a favor, put yourself first for once and get your $hit fixed. My nickels worth, I hope this helps someone

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Update, my new left hip is doing great, wish I could have gotten it sooner, when it’s worn out, it’s worn out, regardless of age, period. If you are struggling with a body part please do not continue putting yourself ( and those around you ) through the agony and misery by continuing to put it off until a “later and better date, when all your chores are done”. Mentality and physically it is draining, living with high levels of pain will eventually negatively effect your attitude towards living, makes you unpleasant to be around and greatly inhibits your ability to live the life we all deserve and to enjoy this world as the creator intended for us to do so. Surgery is not a magic wand, you must do range of motion and strengthening exercises to recover and to thrive ( at any stage doing therapy in water is the most relieving, along with massage ) there is no shortcuts, for the most part, walking is not exercising but you must exercise so you can more easily walk. As always, you get out what you put in. I know it’s hard to sit aside months for recovering, people depend on us, we have $hit that must be done and ain’t no one else that will do it, we are the strong ones, we are the “rock” for others but trust me, they will understand, it’s just grass or whatever your responsibility is and it will be ok, if they truly care about you than they want you to feel like yourself again, not to live in tremendous pain and will gladly help any way they possibly can, they love and care about you so please, do them & yourself a favor, put yourself first for once and get your $hit fixed. My nickels worth, I hope this helps someone
Outstanding post Brad. So glad this has worked out for you and put you into a pain free or maybe lot less pain. When we met in early July you were less than 3 months out and I thought then you were making great strides. Continue on whatever stretching and strengthening exercises they prescribed for you. I would highly recommed every motorcycle rider, with big emphasis on those getting older, like 50 and over to build your core every day. So far it has worked tremendously for me since April of 2021.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I would highly recommed every motorcycle rider, with big emphasis on those getting older, like 50 and over to build your core every day.
Amen to that brother, your core is everything

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
BofB, Happy to hear your good now. I'm 10 days away from a new left hip & know I've made the right decision. Wanted to get it done before I retire & while have a great health insurance plan. Going to get a couple of last rides in as it may be a while for I can get back to it. It hurts like hell when I have to put my left foot down & back up when stopping on the bike but once cruising I'm OK. Colors are starting to change up high so I'll get some leaf peeping done & then concentrate on getting myself healed up & back in the game.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
@ByteN2it I’m happy to hear you’re getting repaired, do as much strengthening and get as much range of motion ( rom ) as possible now, the stronger / more rom you have going into surgery the faster recovery will go. Make sure you can somewhat easily one legged sit / squat on your toilet now and if it’s too low get a toilet seat pad thingy so you don’t have as far to crouch down to $hit ( I had to completely take my pants / underwear off my left leg so I could do the one legged squat down onto the toilet ) don’t be too proud to have someone wipe your a$$. Have a comfy seat that’s well prepped with tv remote, device charging cords, things to read ( the Vog has fantastic reading material ) crossword / word search puzzles, a designated spot for your walker / cane so you can easily reach them, a back / foot /ball scratcher, a grabber claw tool for picking crap up that you’ll definitely drop, have some comfy easy to get your foot into non skid footwear that doesn’t require tying laces ( if you have carpet, hardwood, rugs make sure the floors transitions are even and smooth so you don’t trip or stumble ) have enough ice packs to rotate and be anal about your therapy. If your vehicles are close on oil changes ( any maintenance that’ll be due within 3 months ) do them now and most importantly, don’t be to proud to ask for help!! Go get yourself 3 months worth of riding in over the next 9 days

121 - 130 of 130 Posts