VOG Forum banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
You're not saying your girl smells like liver
Maybe my tongue hangs out like your doggies too because we just like funny smells

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Meloxicam is a prescription anti inflammatory that gave me the absolute best results ( pre op ) it truly worked for relieving my arthritic pain and my bodies widespread inflammation. It only took a few days for me to feel the results, It comes in either a 7.5 or a 15mg tablet that you only take 1 pill per day. But, like most anti inflammatory's it does have a bleeding risk so it must be taken with food. Pre operation, the meloxicam gave me the most pain relief of anything I tried, so much so that I could walk almost NORMALLY for most of the work day. I was highly impressed with the results and my ability to walk relatively normal with only a medication change. I had to stop taking it and almost every other medications 7 days prior to my total hip swap and after the 4th day without it I was back to being miserable, unable to do the simplest task without being in horrible pain. It really was "all that & a bag of chips", no $hit, scouts honor! If your at your wits end ask your doctor if meloxicam is a viable option for yourself. Thanks again everyone, you've been a godsend and I appreciate it very much
I asked my wife about this. She had never heard of it. Going to do a bit of reasearch on it. I take some diclofenac, like one every2 to 3 days, especially on days I ride. If it can work wonders on that immense pain you have it must be good.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I started thinking and over thinking.
That happens to olive us

If it can work wonders on that immense pain you have it must be good.
It really did wonders, was much more effective than turmeric with osteo biflex and I noticed an improvement within the first week. It worked so well that I was actually able to walk almost normally my WHOLE workday ( 13,000 - 18,000 steps while at work ) For anyone suffering with severe joint pain please ask your doctor if Meloxicam is a viable option because it really works

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That happens to olive us

It really did wonders, was much more effective than turmeric with osteo biflex and I noticed an improvement within the first week. It worked so well that I was actually able to walk almost normally my WHOLE workday ( 13,000 - 18,000 steps while at work ) For anyone suffering with severe joint pain please ask your doctor if Meloxicam is a viable option because it really works
I just did 5 minutes of reading. To many side effects that I might be prone to. Basically my pain kicked up in my right hip. I think I overexerted my core exercises. Probably used to high of weights, as opposed to the bands they showed me in therapy last April. Just not sure. So going to take it easy for 2 weeks, no core exercises or bicycling and see what happens. Sure as heck am going to get on my motorcycles though, looks to easily be the best weather this weekend since last September.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
To many side effects that I might be prone to
Novelist and movie makers should take note for inspiration, some medications sides effects are scarier than any movie or book. Meloxicam is definitely for short term use, with any medication, over the counter, prescribed and especially vitamins / supplements, make sure you research and talk to a professional before using it. Is very important because some will cause great harm or even death if mixed with another medication, like kids, they don't all play nice together.
@ForestGiant am hoping you just tweeked a lil something and it goes away quick. Enjoying the weather while on the bike should help most for the mind, body and soul. Some of the most effective hip stretches I could do were only possible from on the bike. About your core & knowing your coming from injury too, next time, you could try reducing your last exercise weight down a hair and instead add a few more reps or just an whole extra set of your base weight until you get a rock solid base. We're terrible about over pushing ourselves too soon & it usually sets us back, 1 step forward 2 steps back saying comes to mind. For me, when talking about living an overall healthy lifestyle my mind thinks of gncc & desert racers, any full time athlete is same really but I like motorcycle racing hahaha. Anyway, those guys aren't big giant meatheads who can bench press a car but can't quick walk 2 miles nor are they paper thin bicyclist who can barely pick up their bikes but they are medium strong with sound endurance. They stay flexible ( range of motion is always first and more important than strength when starting from scratch ) don't overstretch your muscles esp when muscle is cold ( not used for few hours) light stretching to get warmed up. Cardio / endurance so almost any activity that allows maintaining a consistently higher heart rate over an extended period of time & eat consciously. A healthier ish diet is all about moderation and remaining aware of when / what / why your eating what / when / why & goes a long way with food for how humans feel. By eating early in your day your body is more able to best use the food energy, 4-5 smaller meals per day instead of 2-3 bigger meals. The KISS method works best, old racing guys became trainers and or riding coaches within the industry so are now training the next batch of racing competitors. Lots can be found on youtub, so much great information by so many qualified people but like I said I follow the moto guys. I also recommend watching physical therapy videos for best stretching and exercise techniques. I use Bob and Brad from the tube because they use a skeleton to show the anatomy before showing / explaining the best methods to maintain those muscle groups. Good luck, sorry so long but all I gots is time right meow while am healing up. Get off my lawn ya damn whipper snappers

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Hey well, frozen bolts weren't an issue Tue or Wed.
Dude, you've proven your dedication many times over and everyone would agree you should stay home when your junks imitating a dragon, stubborn old folks needs take some days off

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Dude, you've proven your dedication many times over and everyone would agree you should stay home when your junks imitating a dragon, stubborn old folks needs take some days off
It's not like I went back to work right after the procedure. I mean it was nearly 16hrs. I don't do stationary very well and instructions are rarely read and less often followed.

I wasn't home ten minutes when I hear the wife bewilderly ask, where'd you go now?

An idle mind is the devils workshop and the hands his tools.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
16 hours lmfao, your a tough ole fuk’r

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Lil update, been 2.5 weeks since my total left hip replacement & it’s coming around, has tipped the scales from bad pain to good kinda pain. Am limited on leg movements due to dislocation risks for few more weeks so most of the discomforts from muscle weakness/ tightness but am getting there. Still far from healed but things are coming around!!!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Am keeping on keeping on!!! Still long way to go and a long time of getting there but am remaining humble throughout my journey. I’m gaining function and strength every week, you get out what you put in so I do therapy everyday, am always working on my R.O.M ( range of motion) and building strength in my core, pelvis, legs and upper body. Am working on having a normal walking gate, must train yourself not to limp or walk awkwardly, no matter how slow the pace make sure your gate is smooth / natural because speed will naturally come in time but the base must be strong to build upon. Life’s a ditch and I’m diggin it!!!

101 - 120 of 130 Posts