VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am goofing around on Cycletrader and find 135 Visions listed and 17 are new 16's or 17's......

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Holy Shnikies! For real? I gotta see this...

• Haha
Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy Shnikies! For real? I gotta see this...
Yeah over a 1000 Victory bikes listed. Another thing I do is go directly to Polaris dealerships because some dealers don't list bikes on CT. I found a few more Visions that way however I have not called to verify they have one. Fake advertising all over the place! LOL

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a lot left.
and as I found out most dealers don't advertise on CT but found a few more Visions by going to their individual dealership websites.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I found 3 Visions for $5000. 08 & 09.

Sadly....they aren't worth much anymore.

Still aggravated Polaris ditched us.

I haven't found a real direct replacement for the spaceship yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found 3 Visions for $5000. 08 & 09.

Sadly....they aren't worth much anymore.

Still aggravated Polaris ditched us.

I haven't found a real direct replacement for the spaceship yet.
I've actually considered buying another new one to mod with the CCT rear bags/fender but only if I can get it cheaply. This business about local dealers giving up Polaris has me spooked.

Reactions: MIC_Rulz

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I've actually considered buying another new one to mod with the CCT rear bags/fender but only if I can get it cheaply. This business about local dealers giving up Polaris has me spooked.
Dealers are bailing out fast.
I thought the same thing. A cheap Vision. A HMD kit, and a super paint job....cams and PCV -- for well under $10k.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My old Victory dealer told me that Polaris is still using Cycle Trader and has posted that he has ten or so Victory's for sale.

He doesn't have any, zero.

He is trying to make Polaris remove the adds. He hasn't had any luck.

So...............don't believe what you see on CT as far as new Vic's go.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cycle Trader is indirectly how I found my new 2017 Vision a couple of months ago. There was a listing for a new one at what I thought was a decent price from a dealer in Georgia (I think it was Georgia). So I phoned. The sales guy told me they didn't actually have a new one in stock, but they could locate one for me and sell it to me at the advertised price. So I called his bluff. A couple of days later he called and said he found a new Vision for me, but it was in Oregon (he is in Georgia and I am in Florida) and the shipping would be a lot (he had no idea how much) and would be tacked on to the price of the bike. Whoa! No mention of that previously. I got the impression he did not want to be bothered with the whole thing, and he confirmed that by offering me the name and phone number of the dealer in Oregon. So I called them, bought the bike and arranged my own shipping to get it to me. It sure was a new one, too -- only 7 miles on the odo and a full factory warranty. And the best part was that after sending the dealer in Oregon the money and paying the shipper (who delivered her all that way without putting a scratch on her) the total was still about $1,000 below the price the Georgia dealer had advertised it for (which, as I said, I thought was a good price).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought a new Vision on May 25th, right before Promotionals ended (5/31).
I searched locally to no avail here in Oklahoma. 2 Dealers had ad's on CT stating they had both blue and black.
Drove 100 miles for nothing. They had no new Vic's, of any model, even though they had CT ads.

Called around to some dealerships in adjacent states and found a black one Ottumwa, IA, RJ Powersports.
Ad listed $17,200.
Knocked another grand off for Military Service.

I knew what I was getting in to with a discontinued Make, but I have zero regrets.
The Vision is my last bike.

Last I looked, they still had a blue one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"The Vision is my last bike."

That is what I told my wife. She laughed.
I told my riding buddies the same thing, they laughed as well....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cycle Trader is indirectly how I found my new 2017 Vision a couple of months ago. There was a listing for a new one at what I thought was a decent price from a dealer in Georgia (I think it was Georgia). So I phoned. The sales guy told me they didn't actually have a new one in stock, but they could locate one for me and sell it to me at the advertised price. So I called his bluff. A couple of days later he called and said he found a new Vision for me, but it was in Oregon (he is in Georgia and I am in Florida) and the shipping would be a lot (he had no idea how much) and would be tacked on to the price of the bike. Whoa! No mention of that previously. I got the impression he did not want to be bothered with the whole thing, and he confirmed that by offering me the name and phone number of the dealer in Oregon. So I called them, bought the bike and arranged my own shipping to get it to me. It sure was a new one, too -- only 7 miles on the odo and a full factory warranty. And the best part was that after sending the dealer in Oregon the money and paying the shipper (who delivered her all that way without putting a scratch on her) the total was still about $1,000 below the price the Georgia dealer had advertised it for (which, as I said, I thought was a good price).
So I am betting that you got your bike from Mt Hood Polaris in Boring, Oregon. I had been watching that one myself...LOL

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
My local dealer has a brand new 2015 on the floor
Marked down to 16900.00 no takers.....

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's still high. I bought a brand new 2011 In 2011 for $19699. And that was when they came with more chrome, HID lights and so on.. but more importantly , that when the company and victory dealer Network was still In business

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My local dealer has a brand new 2015 on the floor
Marked down to 16900.00 no takers.....
I got my new 2015 for 15k and the dealer told me that Polaris gave them a 2.5k add back to help with selling remaining stock.

Reactions: Chopperbob
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.