VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
well they're responding to the complaints of many owners and dealers. Also to help move older stock and items such as leftover Kingpin Tours that will not move now that the Cross Roads and Cross Country's are out.

Makes a lot of business sense except for those that bought in very recent weeks and paid close to MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

redpin04 said:
well they're responding to the complaints of many owners and dealers. Also to help move older stock and items such as leftover Kingpin Tours that will not move now that the Cross Roads and Cross Country's are out.

Makes a lot of business sense except for those that bought in very recent weeks and paid close to MSRP.
How many people do you know would " not " buy a motorcycle because of $ 1000.00 ?
If someone want's it, they will buy it.
I really hope Victory does not de-value it's " core " customers, those of us who appriciate the technology and dependability of these machines.
I understand the need to change pricing, maby Victory should have thought about that before they set the pricing on the cross bikes.
The Vegas LE really is a good deal, too bad Vic did'nt think of all the people who bought a 100 CI Vegas in the last 6 months, more money, less machine.
Victory is not moving older models because of crappy advertising, not pricing.
Of course this is my opinion, and we all know what happens here when we have an opinion, rightdsjr ? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
spider said:
How many people do you know would " not " buy a motorcycle because of $ 1000.00 ?
If someone want's it, they will buy it.
I really hope Victory does not de-value it's " core " customers, those of us who appriciate the technology and dependability of these machines.
I understand the need to change pricing, maby Victory should have thought about that before they set the pricing on the cross bikes.
The Vegas LE really is a good deal, too bad Vic did'nt think of all the people who bought a 100 CI Vegas in the last 6 months, more money, less machine.
Victory is not moving older models because of crappy advertising, not pricing.
Of course this is my opinion, and we all know what happens here when we have an opinion, rightdsjr ? :)
I disagree on some of your quotes.

$1000 would've kept me from buying my Cross Country, either in the sale of my Kingpin or purchase of my new bike. Not because I don't see value in the brand(this is my 3rd Victory in 10 years), but it had to be the right deal to get me off a bike I loved to a bike I don't know how I'll feel about during ownership.

Also in comparison, a lot of other bikes offering similar products(not taking into account why we personally love our bikes) are just looking at the numbers, the style, what they want a bike for etc.

There's a lot of variables to people that aren't brand specific that may or may not sway a person to buy it with price being a big factor. The experience of owning that vehicle(be it good, bad or indifferent) will dictate the future value of that brand to someone.

Also a older model nearing it's lifespan tends to go lower in pricing rather than higher since over the years the small refinements made to said vehicle are small costs versus the costs of developing a new model. The Vision when first out was hard to find and for the most part was getting top dollar, the same for the Cross bikes, the same for the Jackpot etc.

After being out a few years the shortcuts and cost savings have been found and implemented.

On top of all that, it's a down economy, a lower price will bring in more people that are the fringe of brand loyalty, as well as others that thought this brand is asking as much as or more than an 'equivalent brand'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
I just hope they re-price the Canadian bikes to better reflect our current currency vs. the american currency. We are around a 6% exchange, but their current price difference on the cross bikes is closer to 12% ($1840 no the black XR). I know that there are slight differences between the bikes, but $900 worth?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
spider said:
Just got an e-mail from Victory, glad to see my 8-ball is worth less now, even without depriciation.
Car manufactures, Harley and Honda have all done it.
Enjoy your bike and forget about it's current value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Candubrain said:
spider said:
Just got an e-mail from Victory, glad to see my 8-ball is worth less now, even without depriciation.
Car manufactures, Harley and Honda have all done it.
Enjoy your bike and forget about it's current value.
29,000 klms, I am definitly enjoying my bike :)
I did not buy it for resale, I bought it for me !
I just don't like seeing what is happening with the economy lately, It irks me to see that a company will drop the price that much, good for new buyers, not good for us current owners.
Again, just how I feel, and I still love my 8-ball !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
spider said:
Candubrain said:
spider said:
Just got an e-mail from Victory, glad to see my 8-ball is worth less now, even without depriciation.
Car manufactures, Harley and Honda have all done it.
Enjoy your bike and forget about it's current value.
29,000 klms, I am definitly enjoying my bike :)
I did not buy it for resale, I bought it for me !
I just don't like seeing what is happening with the economy lately, It irks me to see that a company will drop the price that much, good for new buyers, not good for us current owners.
Again, just how I feel, and I still love my 8-ball !
Understood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
spider said:
redpin04 said:
well they're responding to the complaints of many owners and dealers. Also to help move older stock and items such as leftover Kingpin Tours that will not move now that the Cross Roads and Cross Country's are out.

Makes a lot of business sense except for those that bought in very recent weeks and paid close to MSRP.
How many people do you know would " not " buy a motorcycle because of $ 1000.00 ?
If someone want's it, they will buy it.
I really hope Victory does not de-value it's " core " customers, those of us who appriciate the technology and dependability of these machines.
I understand the need to change pricing, maby Victory should have thought about that before they set the pricing on the cross bikes.
The Vegas LE really is a good deal, too bad Vic did'nt think of all the people who bought a 100 CI Vegas in the last 6 months, more money, less machine.
Victory is not moving older models because of crappy advertising, not pricing.
Of course this is my opinion, and we all know what happens here when we have an opinion, rightdsjr ? :)
Oh I know the drawbacks of being opinionated...lol
But remember I brought this up when the X-Bikes were brought out and I was flamed.... and I brought it up when the LE's were announced... I guess your either more diplomatic when you say things orit could be that your just a big SOB...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
I was surprised that the Hammer was listed at $18,999. Pretty sure that is higher than the MSRP in 2009.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
i never understood the Hammer S thing. For marketing purposes Victory should've did the 106(along with the better paint/rims) on the Hammer S/Jackpot S(doesn't exist) and left the rest of the fleet 100 except for the Vision.

In my thoughts, it would've added more value to the bike as well as the nicer trimming.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top