VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased my first Victory last week. 2006 Victory Vegas. It's an "R" title bike, was laid down on one side and broke the shift rod. Repaired and re-titled. Rides straight and true but still getting used to the big skinny front tire, different ride for me and I find myself drifting side to side with it. I'm sure after some seat time I'll get used to the balance of it.

Has the rake kit, chrome upgrades, K&N filter, Bassani exhaust, lowering kit and I'm still digging into it to figure out what all was done to it by the previous owner. It's got 18k on it and it was repainted (poorly) and has some drips and scratches in the paint. Its a good starting point to repaint and make it my own.

There were bags on it, took them off but the mounts are still on it until i get shorter bolts. Seems like the bike was left outside for a time. Dealing with some surface rust here and there but it's cleaning up nice with a lot of elbow grease.

The only issue so far is an intermittent speedo .. works most of the time, then drops, then comes back on.

Dislikes so far is the handlebars being low because of the rake. Going to have to figure out another setup to raise them back up.

Other than that, I am a happy owner of this bike!

·
Registered
397 Posts
As I believe I noted in another post - A really great looking bike - enjoy.

Curious - where are you in PA?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome.... from another Pa. guy....... judt west of Gettysburg. Good looking ride.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new Vic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.